.. October 2016 Mummies - Third Trimester - Final Round ..

3 months old on the 18th :):):). X

Attachments

• IMG_0156.jpg
    IMG_0156.jpg
    515.9 KB · Views: 29
Awww, i miss you all lol! Was wondering where everyone went. Photos are just adorable. Omg Jasmine look at the head of hair your little one has! Beautiful!

Claire im so glad you've finally got Carter sorted, must be such a relief!

Things here are relatively grand. There is zero routine for sleep during the day despite my best efforts, if I don't walk in the pram he will fight sleep until the bitter end and will have wee 5 min doses after nursing. Night time is a bit hard going, sleeps in chicco next to me from 11-2 then feed, then up again at 4 and 6 to feed. Generally up for the day at 8 and two hour feeding from there. Im so tired. lol. Ive been trying to start night rountine from 8 or 9 at least but he wont actually sleep unti 11 l no matter what so just hoping he gets the hint soon. I was trying to stsrt combi feeding so one bottle of formula during the day. The only formula he doesn't projectile vomit is the C& G ready made. All powders sem to be out, ive practically bought a tin of every main brand i can find (wish they did smaller tins, its all going to waste now) following instructions exactly but its all came back up even if he only took an oz I dont understand it but if he doesn't get it, no problem at all. Usually about one hour after, even if hes been upright. Tried contacting health visitor about it but have left voicemails at their office and had no word so just kinda winging it on my own. Even the ready made ones except c&g are the sane, i cant understand it surely its all tge ssme ingredients?. I know 'breast is best' but two hourly feeds are rough, its just me all the tine, im so so exhausted and I cannpt seem to get hang of pumping. The odd time is okay but I've no freezer space to be storing or anything. Ill not get into it, feeling immensely guilty for wanting to wean to formula. He gets a ready made bottle during the day so my husband or mum or someone can give if they want. I cant sgord to using them all the time so its just the one for now. i think we have thrush now as well due to his antibiotic for kidney,, his is also prophylactic. So going to docs this evening as im now crying after every feed as im in sheer agony. Oh the joys! Lol my c section STILL hasn't healed either. Its dreadful, just one small bit.

Second round of immunisations on Thursday. Not looking forward to it. Last time he was so so miserable and just nursed constant but with the pain im in I may just sit with tissues and paracetamol! Be nice to get him weighed too, no clue what weight he is but he's definitely chunking out now. Big chubby cheeks and everything now.

Sorry this is so long! Look after yourselves :)

Formula much not relieve the 2hr feeds but will allow someone else to feed and give you a break. Carter used to feed every 2hr right up until last week. So 12w of 2hr feeding plus screaming and chasing a preschooler about. It's been eye opening.

Have you tried upping the amount on the formula bottle. He fed 4oz every 2hr till we upped to 5oz now he goes every 3-3.5 hr and longer at night.

Not sure on the Formula. We have sickness sometimes due to reflux. Have you tried sma stay down or the c&g reflux milk? I've heard good things we just can't have these as we are dairy free.

Thrush I've noticed daktarin to be the best for we get it easily being on the trimethoprim. Carter gets it sometimes on his neck folds :lol:

I hope second imms go ok. We delayed ours and he got them yesterday and was totally fine. Took less milk and whinged now and then but no where near as bad as I predict he'd have been if we started at 8w.

xxxx

I had to switch to formula milk which I was gutted about. When they weighed her on day 5, she lost 16% of her body weight :(. I had just been completely breast feeding by this point. The midwife said it was probably due to me being anaemic, it was affecting the quality of my milk. So I started topping up with formula to get her weight back up, no matter how long she would spend on the breast (feeding off both in one go!) she was always hungry. She was quite heavy for a girl when born 8lb 11oz. I don't think my milk could keep up with her demand, sitting down all day feeding while recovering from a third degree tear was very uncomfy! I just switched to formula feeding, she was much more content and slept better as well xx

Im trying to switch to formula but proving impossible lol. 2nd immunisations were a breeze, he just kinda groaned with needle but that was it, thankfully.

Finally over the worst of thrush but i suspect it'll raise its ugly head again with antibiotic. I cant take the pro biotic drinks as they are all milk based, im lactose intolerant so not a mission.

How is everyone else doing over on fb? I was thinking of moving this over to baby board but theres only really us 3 chatting here!

Yeah someone can make a chat thread in B&T I guess. I'm only on every few days briefly now. Read and reply to subscribed threads and do my journal and that's it. Theres a couple parents starting parent journals. I just kept mine on from my first.

Everyone is doing ok all really thriving. A.couple even have a tooth! Some are early weaning and some are rolling. I'll mention you were asking after them they may pop on.

We have managed to up Carter to 6oz now so that's him waking once and settles about 8-9. He has been asleep.since 7.30 tonight lol.

We have second lot of imms in early Feb. He did ok with the first lot a couple grizzly clingy spells so probably the same next time if any.

xxxx

Last edited:
I've started a parenting journal now, not put much in it yet. I've deveopled an overactive thyroid which made me quite poorly, I'm on meds now and hope to be back to normal soon xx

Awk Jasmine that's awful but hope you get well soon and now you know whats causing it. The second imms should be grand i think its really the men B which makes them grissly so wont get that again until 16 weeks, hoping anyway :) good luck :). Ill have to check out the journals :)

My wee man has been teething like crazy can feel three teeth just at the gums about ready to pop through! Dreading breastfeeding now haha!!

I'm not sure if my little one is teething, she is putting her hands in her mouth all the time and drools a lot more. I look in her mouth but can't seem to see anything. She has her last jabs on 16th Feb, can't wait to see the back of them :) xx

Hi All. Its been a while since i was on here. How is everyone doing? My son was 18 weeks on Saturday! Where has the time gone lol. He had had jist 3rd set of jabs and it went all. No more jabs now until he is a year old yay! He still wakes up 2 to 3 times at night to feed so i am exhausted. I jave tried to dream feed him before getting into bed around 11.30pm but he still wakes up every 3 hours. Any advice? His weight gain is fine and he is a happy baby x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back