.. October 2016 Mummies - Third Trimester - Final Round ..

Hi applecider. Excited to be in T3 too. I haven't done a birthplan yet. Have any of you done it? What kind of pain relief are you all thinking of. I have read of boyh good and bad things about having an epidural. I think il probably be in a lot of pain and end up having an epidural as a FTM i dont know what to expect

27 weeks today. Hello tri 3 ladies 🤗👏👏👏

I haven't done my birth plan yet but since it's my 3rd I know what i like and don't like lol, i never had an epidural as I just used gas and air but you don't really know what u want until your in actually labour! I am hoping for a water birth but since my hospital has only 2 I'm not getting my hopes up so fingers crossed for that. X

I'm hoping to have just gas and air as it really helped last time. I'd like a water birth, but it depends if they have any portable monitors left available when I go in as I'm attempting a vbac.. My friend had her second baby on Friday.. 1hr 10min labour, gave birth at 12:15pm, home by 6pm.. I'd like that please! I'm not really writing a birth plan, just pointers for what I want differently this time round. I want baby on me straight away as last time she was given to oh whilst they sorted my haemorrhaging and I felt like a bit of a spare part! X

It's just generally quiet on the forum now.. used to boom back in the day.

A few people did write yesterday and today though so not dead at least ;)

Ummm I've not did my birth plan yet. Won't be doing one as such. I had a great labour last time so I just want a few changes. I don't want epidural didn't have one last time, basically just G&A then skin to skin and DCC for us and we have had a referral from MW not to go on the ward should all be well
So hopefully depending on when I give birth I'll just be cleaned up and let home.

Hopefully that is!!

My last labour was 7hr in total and was induction. Spent all of 11 mins pushing from 10cm so this time I'm not sure how long to expect. Hopefully a nice quick one.

We can dream. As long as baby gets here safe and sound I'm not fussed.

xxxxx

I think the only important thing that I want is skin to skin with baby as with my second baby I didn't really get that as I was bleeding and they couldn't stop the blood so my oh had him while they were sorting me out! X

Ooooh Claire, I didn't realise you could request not to go on a ward? I'd like to do that too! X

I am thinking of getting a private room after birth but cant pre book it. Depends on what is available on the day. So what happens when you request not to go on to the ward? What if they have to keep you in

For the ladies here who drive ...Do any of you plan to stop driving? And if so, at what point in the pregnancy do you plan to do this? I've now been asked by 2 seperate people when I am going to stop driving and both times my response of "I don't" seems to be met by a shocked expression �� I am starting to get uncomfortable sitting behind the wheel but still have more than enough room, didn't even know people stopped driving! X

According to my MWs we can. I didn't know either. I had a normal birth last time and didn't see a soul the whole day we were in and I had to ask to get home. It was like they couldn't be bothered discharging me. But this time I asked about the 6hr discharge with your second child rumour and she says well technically you don't need to go onto the ward. She says should all go well and if it were a home birth mws would only stay for an hour.. so being in delivery she says by the time you all get cleaned up and settled that takes a couple hours and if everything's fine and depending on time giving birth then there's no reason I can't go home. I was like oh wow didn't know that and she says yeah they tend not to mention because it's more paper work for them but she's put it on my notes for immediate discharge and she told me to write it in my plans too. Ofcourse if there is a need for me or baby to stay and be monitored I will because I'd hate to go back in and plus babies safety is imperative.

I'm not fussed if I do need to go on I'm just hoping I get a good birth again and can at least get home 6hr later. I work in a hospital so really can't switch off and sleep there. I didn't sleep after Jackson and by day 3 it caught up so I really just think it's best if we just go home when possible.

I'm optimistic I'll get a straight forward labour as my first was an induction and I didn't need drip. Waters went and I dilated myself and got him out fine.

Found this pic on the nhs website. If your unsure broach with MW.

xxxxx

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-07-28-01-02-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-07-28-01-02-23.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 14
Oh that sounds great. Ill have no choice but to stay in, baby has to have an antibiotic when born for kidney so i guess ill be parked up haha! Im dreading it, as a nurse i dont think i could switch off much either but needs must. Ive no birth plan in place really there is nothing i want in particular or dont want. The only thing is i want to be fully informed the whole way through and my husband told everything that is happening. Thats it!

Shlrk my mum drove right upto night before she went into labour. Her bump was huge too with my sister. As long as you are safe go drive and comfortable with it i dont think theres an issue.

Baby movements are driving me a little nuts, any quiet period at all i begin to panic. Baby just hasnt been as active last two days but still frequent kicks. Its so hard to work out a pattern, because i work nights i dont have any routine at all so im trying vest to keep track but its just not happening. Just another thing to be anxious about haha!

For the ladies here who drive ...Do any of you plan to stop driving? And if so, at what point in the pregnancy do you plan to do this? I've now been asked by 2 seperate people when I am going to stop driving and both times my response of "I don't" seems to be met by a shocked expression �� I am starting to get uncomfortable sitting behind the wheel but still have more than enough room, didn't even know people stopped driving! X

I stopped driving at 12 weeks because my blood pressure was high and was adviced by MW to get more active. I started walking to take the bus to and back from work. I woke part time 3 days a week and i found not taking the car meant i did 12000 steps in 3 days! I felt better and it helped my blood pressure. I drive in the weekends when going shopping etc but at 29 weeks now its getting uncomfortable

Last time round I drove the whole time, even when I went overdue. Don't see any reason to stop :)

I'm going to stay driving but it is getting a bit more uncomfortable now

Think I am the same as most of you then! Plan to continue driving til it's too uncomfortable, but it's more what I wear that makes me uncomfortable not actually the position I'm in! X

Yer I will drive until I get too uncomfortable,
Does anyone else have bad dreams? Lately very night I get really bad dreams, sometimes about baby and sometimes about something random i used to have such good dreams! X

Omg yes! Nothing about baby but seemsto be every aspect of my life i wake up all pissed off or anxious and upsert. Just really annoying dreams too. I dont feel like im getting proper sleep at all.

Last few days hubby has been in complete go mode. Baby room is nearly done, got cot, drawers and wardrobe all built and ready, got our chicco next to me set up. Hes just whizzing about and getting so annoyed when he cant get everything done. I think hes annoyed at me cause im just too exhausted to do anything! Still haven't got a pram though haha dont feel prepared at all.

Last edited:
Anyone bought an electronic breast pump? Wanted recommendations. And i heard tomee tippee feeding bottles are the ones to get. I intend to breastfeed but will pump for night time feeds hubby can help.out i hope lol

Omg yes! Nothing about baby but seemsto be every aspect of my life i wake up all pissed off or anxious and upsert. Just really annoying dreams too. I dont feel like im getting proper sleep at all.

Last few days hubby has been in complete go mode. Baby room is nearly done, got cot, drawers and wardrobe all built and ready, got our chicco next to me set up. Hes just whizzing about and getting so annoyed when he cant get everything done. I think hes annoyed at me cause im just too exhausted to do anything! Still haven't got a pram though haha dont feel prepared at all.

I wish my partner was like that lol, I have to nag at him to do things! I still need to paint our bedroom and sort it out as it seems that all the junk just went into our bedroom. Need to get motivated to do this as it won't b long until our babies are here :) X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back