.. October 2016 Mummies - Second Trimester ..

I feel like I look like that when I look at myself, then see pictures of me like that and think jees I do have a wee mini bump going on!

xxxx

Nice bump, my bloat has gone down I think I'm going to measure 11weeks instead of 12 weeks at my scan on Friday, I dunno why just got a feeling (I took a pregnancy test 3weeks after my last period so there can be a 3week gap lol) x

Last edited:
Wow great bump!

I'm still all bloat but it's my first baby so I guess I may have a while to wait for a proper bump.

Hi :D sorry I've missed tri 1, can I come straight into tri 2? :) will have definite EDD on Friday but my midwife has me down as 11th October, which makes me 13+1 today! Hope you're all having happy healthy pregnancies *waves* x

Hey inky.

Ive seen you about before a wee while ago - Im an oldie too :lol:

Ill add you in. Are you team yellow? also whats your first name?

Congratulations :)

xxxx

Last edited:
My name's Jodie, we'll be team yellow I think, not 100% decided yet! I've rather stupidly given away all the baby stuff so will have to buy most things new again so might find out for colour schemes etc, this will definitely be the last baby - I've told OH I'm not doing this again lol so it would be nice to get all nice stuff :)

Ah good, Ill add your name and yellow in for now!

We are finding out too as we have a boy already.

I think for my 3rd (probably last if we make it to 3rd) and if this one is a girl Id leave the 3rd as a surprise.

I dunno I say that now.. We will see.

xxxx

I didn't find out with my son, and wasn't going to with my daughter but at growth scan at 28 weeks the registrar said, "you've been told you're having a girl, right?" I was absolutely furious for about a week but then decided it was nice knowing I was having a girl :) not that the registrar was forgiven!

I would have been raging too! Not at the fact of gender, just how insensitive. Not everyone likes to know. Some even hide their eyes at scans etc :lol: Each person is different.

Although we are finding out, we are remaining team yellow to everyone else - just to keep the element of surprise for others. Could even do that if your not sure?

xxxx

I did think about that but I am RUBBISH at keeping secrets haha

I thought that tbh, I thought Id slip up and tell about my pregnancy as we last told at like 6w after finding out - this time I only just told my mum and inlaws at the weekend - 2 weeks shy of 4months pregnant :lol:

I eventually got used to it. You'd be surprised how easy it gets to keep quiet.

We told people we knew last time and we got hounded. So I have been telling everyone who asks no we arent going to find out.

xxxx

Last edited:
i'm moving over! been put ahead one day so i'm 13+5, new DD 7th October :) Team yellow too x

Last edited:
thanks lovely!

Nice to see everyone making their way over and doing well xx

Hi ladies, I need some advice on what are the best type of mattress for our cot I have no idea where to start on this one? X

What do you need to know laura? X

I know it needs to be firm but what's the best sort foam, sprung etc have you got any recommendations for a good one? Xx

Look for pocket air spring mattress, it regulates air if baby rolls over onto their front and also reduces cot death, but i wouldnt worry to much over a cot yet esp cot bed as they are huge, also they recommend to be 6 months to go in their nursery, i found the ikea cot at £35 was fab n small enough for our room

Xx

I thought that tbh, I thought Id slip up and tell about my pregnancy as we last told at like 6w after finding out - this time I only just told my mum and inlaws at the weekend - 2 weeks shy of 4months pregnant :lol:

We told people we knew last time and we got hounded. So I have been telling everyone who asks no we arent going to find out.

xxxx

That's the thing, I haven't told anyone we're expecting! I've had so much other stuff to deal with these last few weeks that it's kind of slipped my mind if I'm honest, I've got a bee in my bonnet about waiting until after the first scan for some reason. Only 2 more days :)

Enjoy Wilson :) hope it goes well x

Hi Hun. Officially graduated to Tri 2 today :) due date has been moved to the 13th October! Please can you update : ) thank you x

xxxx

That's the thing, I haven't told anyone we're expecting! I've had so much other stuff to deal with these last few weeks that it's kind of slipped my mind if I'm honest, I've got a bee in my bonnet about waiting until after the first scan for some reason. Only 2 more days :)

We waited until after the scan. I had a loss in September so wasnt taking any chances. Im still nervous for my next scan in 2 weeks despite my ever growing belly :lol:

xxxx

Scan dayyy ekkk

Good luck, report back with pictures immediately!

xxxx

Hi Hun. Officially graduated to Tri 2 today :) due date has been moved to the 13th October! Please can you update : ) thank you x

Welcome in, youv been updated.

Are you finding out the sex, or remaining team yellow?

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back