October 2014 due dates

Glad all went well :) bless MIL! It's a lovely feeling isn't it! My MIL is evil haha xx

Congrats Daisy and Mrs Griff! Must be so exciting to see them sitting there developing.
I have a question: are herbal teas ok in pregnancy? Teas which have no caffeine? I am avoiding tea/coffee/green tea xx

Got my scan today. Feeling very nervous but really excited too.

Goodluck today Sallyb23, I remember you have an early scan today xx

Omg we posted at the same time, how freaky!!! xx

How exciting glad all went well daisy :) xx

Bethyboo...you usually get your scan date at your booking in appointment around 8 weeks x

Thanks Smithy - it was such a waste of time! The doctor told me as this is my first pregnancy not to get my hopes up as three out of five first pregnancies will end in miscarriage before 8 weeks. Great - thanks for letting me know that I'm more likely than not to lose this one. This was after I'd told her it had taken 14 months for this. I then said if I lost this one I'd lose my place getting referred for fertility (we were waiting for our letter). She said yes because we know I can fall pregnant. She then said the reason it took me so long is because as I only have one ovary I only ovulate every other month. That is not true at all - I've been ovulating every month and my surgeon who removed my ovary and tube said I would O every month too. I was so angry and upset last night - way to rain on my parade! I wouldn't have minded so much but then she went on to offer that little nugget of "knowledge" about my ovulation.... grr stupid woman. Anyway, have to ring the midwife today - hopefully she will be more positive!

xx

well I don't believe a word she said! 75 % of conceptions end in MC but most of them are before it's even implanted so you wouldn't even notice that you ever conceived! only 20% 1/5 pregnancies end in MC but that is lowered by 8 weeks to about 10% or something and if the HB is seen the chances are like 2% and as far as i know first second or thirty second the chances are all the same unless you have a history of MC!

I know she is preparing you for the worst but why should she be the one to do that? I would phone up and place a complaint about er to be honest that is defiantly a lack of bedside manner. If she had said that to me with my history I would have just punched her in the face lmao

well I don't believe a word she said! 75 % of conceptions end in MC but most of them are before it's even implanted so you wouldn't even notice that you ever conceived! only 20% 1/5 pregnancies end in MC but that is lowered by 8 weeks to about 10% or something and if the HB is seen the chances are like 2% and as far as i know first second or thirty second the chances are all the same unless you have a history of MC!

I know she is preparing you for the worst but why should she be the one to do that? I would phone up and place a complaint about er to be honest that is defiantly a lack of bedside manner. If she had said that to me with my history I would have just punched her in the face lmao

That's just what I thought. Everyone knows there is some risk and that it might happen but you can't get on with your life unless you put it to the back of your mind. Even if that was true, there is NO need! I guess it's funny looking back, I can't believe she said that! What's wrong with her???! Omg some people. I'm clearly not an expert but I've never heard anything like that about first pregnancies... xx

OMG what a complete cow! This is my second pregnancy and no doctor or midwife have ever said anything negative to me, all I've ever been told/asked is to look out for usual pain or bleeding xxx

OMG what a complete cow! This is my second pregnancy and no doctor or midwife have ever said anything negative to me, all I've ever been told/asked is to look out for usual pain or bleeding xxx

She just said "look after yourself" and crossed her fingers... She must have had a s**t day and wanted to ruin someone elses lol.

You should have smiled and said 'no you look after yourself, after all there is a 2 in a million chance of you being hit buy a bus this year' and walked out :) xxx

Last edited:
Bethyboo87 I can't believe you were told that!! I am also on my first pregnancy although I was very very lucky and got pregnant on my first month of trying, I had in my head that it would take a while so I really feel so lucky and am very grateful it happened so quick. So although I can not begin to understand what this pregnancy means to you I do understand you concern over the miscarriage rates. I was very worried about the high percentage of miscarriages, since I moved to the Netherlands it seems like everyone has had at least one so I was very worried but then another person on this forum posted these stats and I found them very reassuring......

After heartbeat is detected, risk of miscarriage is 9.4% at 6wks; 4.2% at 7wks; 1.5% at 8wks; 0.5% at 9wks

I hope that helps you a little, I know you are only 4 weeks currently but try to not let that doctor get into your head. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!! x

Goodluck today Sallyb23, I remember you have an early scan today xx

Scan was amazing, measured me at 8+2 and found the heartbeat. I have a tiled womb so had to have internal scan so happy.

Here is my scan, think I uploaded it in the end.

Attachments

• IMAG1117.jpg
    IMAG1117.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 12
glad everything went well Sally, your scan photo is lovely and clearer than my 8 week one yesterday! Xx

Well last night i decided to tell my daughter who is nearly 8 our news.I was so worried how she would react as she is a total mummies girl but has got a wicked temper too.I gave her the envelope with the scan photo inside and told her to open it.She looked at me and said is it a baby? I Said yes , she said is it your baby? I said yes and held my breath and waited....Her eyes filled up and she said i have never been so happy that i wanted to cry before and she flung her arms around me, it was perfect!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back