O the shame.. I've lost the ability

Sherlock

Reaction score
to get food to my mouth without missing it by a mile :oops: :oops: :shock:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Seriously. Its getting bad now. I've found for a while that as bump is low and big I can't get too near the table when eating. And leaning forward toward the plate a little is near impossible with bumpage stopping me. Bloody uncomfy for sure.

Getting food on my fork to raise to mouth is fine, but once I raise it and have to clear the space between table and mouth (expanse of tummy and air) I bloody well loose it down my top, where it comes to rest on my boobage and/or bumpage or hits the floor and I can't get down to pick it up :wall: :wall: :rotfl:

Today I made scrambled egg on toast for lunch. Never again till Bump arrives. It was ridiculous and like watching a baby feeding themselves.

I'm so making kebabs on Tuesday when OH has his friend visiting. At least I can eat with my hands then :roll:

Please tell me I am not alone in this? If I am I'll go hide my head in shame. I miss my table manners. Apparently not more than my mouth though. Hubby told me its been happening for weeks, especially the crumb collection :shock: :oops:

This is the reason I've been eating standing up for weeks now!! I lean over my plate and lift it to my mouth!!

Oh yet another joy of pregnancy!! :D

:rotfl:

I'm totally with you on this one! I go to bed and take off my bra only to find an array of different food stuffs/crumbs have accumulated in there throughout the day. :roll:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

My boobs end up catching all of my dinner. I always eat with a teatowel for a bib now :rotfl:

You're definitely not alone Sherlock, it bloody annoys me, everything I wear end up being dirty. its embarrassing going to restaurants, I either have to look a fool with a napkin tucked into my top or look a fool with food down it :oops:

Ive been like this for weeks now, when I'm sat at the table and I lean forward to try and minimise spillages LO starts going mad and booting me cause I'm squashing it :lol:

Usually on Fridays we eat in the living room with trays on our knees, well not no more, the tray cant fit on with my bump!! Only now can we eat in the living room if im serving something that I can put in a bowl, like stir fry or chilli so I can actually lift the bowl up above my bump.

Oh the joys :lol:

Oh no Sherlock you're not alone :wave:

Charlie:-) said:
Usually on Fridays we eat in the living room with trays on our knees, well not no more, the tray cant fit on with my bump!!

That's how we eat EVERY DAY as we have no table :shock:
I'm not using the tray any more because I can't bend over it without dropping something on the way :wall: I'm lifting the plate at chest level to be able to eat... luckily my boobs are not really huge so it makes the trick :rotfl:

lol yup same here althogh my boobs seem to catch most of it lol

I have outgrown all my maternity clothes except for one dress. I can't wear the jeans because there is a head and possibly shoulders in the way making them too tight :wall:
In order to keep it clean I have advanced from the usual napkin that I use at mealtimes to an apron. I just wish it had sleeves like those toddler bibs :rotfl:

I am so relieved :rotfl: Sorry ladies :oops:

My hubby has been having a giggle at my expense on this but I gleefully told him just now that I am not alone in my woe and there are many out there like me!

Yay :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm doing chicken kiev tonight so will probably resort to a spoon to get all the sauce in :roll:

Sherlock said:
I'm doing chicken kiev tonight so will probably resort to a spoon to get all the sauce in :roll:

I'd go with a straw!! :D Just to be on the safe side!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back