Bumping the bump

aliciabubba

Reaction score
Has any of you ladies bump their bump on somthing? Like a door or anything? I was at a wedding yesterday and as I was sitting down and about to pull my chair in my bump hit the table and it hurt. Do you think baby is ok? are babies well cushioned in the womb? I'm a little worried. Baby is moving as normal. But I just can't help but worry I've hurt he/she. Xx

I am sure little one will be ok. I think they are pretty well cushiond. If you are worried then I would ring your midwife, but I think baby will be ok

Me and OH clashed in the supermarket the other month and he kinda bumped into my bump :eh: anyway it bloody hurt like hell, i was worried tbh but everything was fine, i think they are well cushioned in there tbh but if your the least bit worried just give the mw a bell, she will probably put your mind at ease :) xx

I'm always banging mine on the door and chairs but so long as nothing seems different with babies movements etc I'm sure they'll be fine :) like the others said give the midwife a quick ring if ur worried, I'm sure she'll be able to reassure u over the phone xxx

Yeah I think I'm just over paranoid lol but my bump gets in the way of everything so just have to be extra careful lol xx thanks girls

All the time, I have no spatial awareness now so I opened the door right into my bump and it hurt like hell! Just remember they are surrounded by fluid to cushion them! Not so much us!! Xx

I trapped my bump in a door the other day, forgot I was bigger :)

He seems fine moving as normal :) I think they are pretty much well cushioned in there :)

xxx

I'm so clumsy, forget how big I am and don't open the baby / dog gate wide enough and hit bump on the sticky up handle, bloody stings! Got a bruise one lol! As long as you feel ok and like others said baby is as normal I wouldn't worry :) x

Yes I bashed into a door handle the other day, it really hurt and was left with a bruised bump, but baby was very active so I guessed was ok. Doesn't feel like baby has much cushioning at the moment so I was worried but seems to be fine x x

Yes I bashed into a door handle the other day, it really hurt and was left with a bruised bump, but baby was very active so I guessed was ok. Doesn't feel like baby has much cushioning at the moment so I was worried but seems to be fine x x

yeah thats how i feel that it doesnt have much cushioning but everything is fine. Just hurts like hell when you knock the bump lol x

I do worry, because if it was hard enough to bruise me then I think what has it done to baby?! But I am hoping that although it doesn't feel that cushioned sometimes, there is more cushioning than you would think. I suppose there has to be, otherwise women would give birth to injured babies all the time, judging by all the women that have bumped their bumps! xxx

I do this all the time! Glad im not the only one!
My son clampers on bump too, as well as chucking toys at it (to play with obviously) and loving bump with strokes, prodding and hard smacks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back