Nursery Furniture ...

Loulabelle

Reaction score
... what has everyone gone for?? I can't find one that fits what I want. I would like furniture that is going to last quite a few years, so dont really want the 'changing table' with a cupboard and would rather have a chest of drawers, wardrobe, cotbed and the option to buy matching tall drawers and toybox etc. I can't seem to find a collection (in dark wood) that does this, as not many seem to have to extra drawers as an option. I have a budget of about £1000 which I thought was alot, but I still can't seem the find the one Im looking for!!!

What's everyone else gone for? x

I'm just going to go for all white furniture. I'm not going to buy matching sets though as they are quite expensive in some places. I've got two sets of drawers which I'm going to paint white and get a white cot bed. I never even thought about a toy box, will prob go for a white one too and that helps with storage. I'm going to stick to that for now as we are wanting to move in the next year and not sure what size of room he will have. X

I think white is a great idea! Half the problem with the dark wood is that its hard to match up, but with white thats easy isnt it!!! I hadn't even thought of it! Thanks x

omg i love the dark wood and thankfully we were given a full nursery set which was like new!! woop for friends eh?! lol but i LOVE white furniture in babys room i think its lush , i think its cos u can have walnut anywhere in house...... :D xx

I love the dark wood and the white. Mum and step dad are buying me a cotbed which has a changer that can attach to the top. I'm going to get a secondhand wardrobe and chest of drawers. I'm furnishing and carpeting a new house so I'm pretty stretched.

x x x x

Weve got ours from Mamas n Papas, the wardrobe, cotbed and chest of drawers with changer on top but will be removed and left as chest of drawers when baby is old enough.....

We literally looked everywhere all over the baby shops, M&S, online but turned out we found what we wanted there!

Good luck searching its harder than we thought lol xx

Loulabelle- having the exact same problem! I have a budget about the same and I too want dark wood, also not bothered about the changer/ cuboard either. I'm gonna be with parents for first few months but wanna get the furniture while I have the money coz will need to buy other furniture when I move out!Having an absolute nighmare... Thought it would be easy! Will let u know if I have any luck xxx

i am being given a cotbed from my sister which i beech/pine. found wardrobes and chest of drawers in asda. got a low budget and both of these are only £100 together. xxx

I've seen one from Argos, a Mamas and Papas one that got £100 off right now. It's lovely as my friends got it and has everything I want. Gonna see if mothercare and babies r us have anything tomorrow tho, if not, I'll order the M&P one.

We've got all our nursery furniture from different places but it's all made from the same wood so it matches in colour! It's worked out alot cheaper so far! :) x

I love the dark wood and the white. Mum and step dad are buying me a cotbed which has a changer that can attach to the top. I'm going to get a secondhand wardrobe and chest of drawers. I'm furnishing and carpeting a new house so I'm pretty stretched.

x x x x

Pinky mum, when we were looking at cot beds I initially loved the idea of a changer attached to the top. until my OH pointed out that 8 mths down the line when the baby might reach or try to pull him/herself up they might hurt themselves. I don't know how likely this is, but it did scare me.

Does anyone have a cotbed with a changer ontop that can shed some light?

Weve got ours from Mamas n Papas, the wardrobe, cotbed and chest of drawers with changer on top but will be removed and left as chest of drawers when baby is old enough.....

We literally looked everywhere all over the baby shops, M&S, online but turned out we found what we wanted there!

Good luck searching its harder than we thought lol xx

this sounds like the set I got. It is beautiful, solid oak, will last for years, the wardrobe could be used for an adult and the top of the changing table can be removed later.

it's the ocean range:
http://www.mamasandpapas.com/range/ocean-golden-oak/2700/

it also comes in darker wood. it's expensive but we got a cheapo deal at the Baby Show.

xx

Hiya,
I can't make up my mind on whether to go for white or dark. My friend has just bought dark and it is gorgeous.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back