numbness/tingling in my fingers

Princess81

Reaction score
My hands are a little swollen, but nothing out of the ordinary really, but enough for me to notice iykwim. Also they are a little achy when I bend them, just put this down to the swelling.

But in addition to this, last night I kept waking up and my fingers were really numb and tingly. Does anyone know what this could be? Should I be worried??

I know they say keep a eye out for swelling in hands/feet etc.. maybe just MW a call see what they say..

Sounds like carpal tunnel. I had it with Toby from about 25 weeks I think and that's how it started. It was always worse when I first woke up (as you tend to bend your wrists at night). You can get splints to wear in bed if it gets much worse but tbh they're almost as uncomfortable! By the end I had no feeling at all in my thumbs and first two fingers (this was after months of it though) on each hands and awful pain when I woke up but it went very quickly after he was born. If it is that it's nothing to worry about though - just annoying. I'd check with your mw though x

Ah right ok thanks :) it's just a very strange feeling. I don't have any swelling in my feet, if I did I might have started to worry a bit. The chunky hands aren't exactly fetching :rofl:

If it develops I'll call my MW, but it doesn't seem to be getting any worse today :) x

I keep getting pins and needles in my hands for no reason?! And sometimes dead legs...like someone has punched them. Don't know what it is though x

If it is CT I think it shouldn't affect your little and ring fingers (although I found it harder to tell when it was just general tingliness at first) so you could always have a poke next time and check! x

I had this in my 3rd tri, mw said it was normal and to hold my hands above my head and do jazz hands for a few mins to reduce the swelling, it kinda works but it didn't go until N was a week old :(

If it happens again tonight then I'll try to remember to poke them :lol:

I had this in my 3rd tri, mw said it was normal and to hold my hands above my head and do jazz hands for a few mins to reduce the swelling, it kinda works but it didn't go until N was a week old :(

:lol: I have visions of me doing jazz hands in bed now x

Lol hubby found it very amusing when I did it!! Things we go through for our babbas!!!

Ive had this hun... started about 3 weeks ago but it hasnt gotten any worse...in fact its actually gotten a little better. When ur sleeping, try to keep ur hand elevated such as resting it on ur pillow beside ur head :)

Yeah defo sounds like carpel tunnel ive had it for weeks but docs wont give u a splint cause cost loads on nhs, but i brought one for 8 quid from chemist, wear it in bed its brilliant wore mine for 5 days and i dont get it much now, x

Sounds like Carpel Tunnel to me. Mine was really bad only in my right hand. It stopped as soon as I finished work for some reason, then after a busy few days last week came back so I guess over-activity doesn't help the swelling, a good excuse for R&R lol.

Oh, thought I might add they sell the splints in the POUNDLAND near me!! Its the one that feels like you've got a ruler strapped to your wrist. I found it a bit annoying if you ask me and would rip it off at 3am without unfastening it first. :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back