Pins and Needles- Numbness?

shadow

Reaction score
Hi all i'm currently 30 weeks pregnant and its my first. I'm wondering if it’s normal to experience complete numbness in my hands when I wake up in the morning. I’ve also been getting terrible calf cramps, but have read in my pregnancy book that cramps are normal. I’ve not read anything about numb hands/arms.

My alarm will go off and wake me up 1st thing, I’ll reach over to turn it off, and I cant feel any of my fingers on both hands, feels like I have sausages for fingers! I get pins and needles as I clench my fists to get the feeling back. Is this normal, anyone else get this? I haven’t got swollen fingers or any other part, and only get the numbness in the night. I thought it might be he way I’m laying? There are only so many positions I can sleep in at the moment (as well you all know I’m sure!) but I don’t think I’m putting extra pressure on my arms.

I don’t have high blood pressure, I’m average weight for my 5’2 height, and the only problem I have related to my pregnancy is low iron levels.

So any clues anyone?

hi
i get this a lot. on waking like you say, but had this before i was pregnant too. I have no idea what it is i just think its bad circulation so have not been to docs about it. lets hope someone can tell us what it is
sorry i cant be of any help

sounds like carpel tunnel sydrome, which is normal in late pregnancy, it does go once baby is born :hug:

The physiotherapist at my early antenatal class said this is normal. If it's a big problem you can get refferes to the physiotherapist to get splints to wear at night. I can't imagine that that would be comfy though :think:
It will be worse if you curl your hands into yourself (does that make sense?) when sleeping. I think I heard a good way to get the feeling back in the morning is hanging your hands out of bed.

As for the calf cramps, apparently bananas help reduce them. One a day should help.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back