Notice of Marriage???

Yvonne

Reaction score
What do you do at this?

We are going to the registry office tomorrow to give notice of marriage and taking birth certificate, passport and proof of address.

What else do they do?

Do they go through the vows you can have or anything like that?

I did this back in september an all they did was take our details ie name address etc, he then took our payment gave us a receipt a folder full of info, booked the date we wanted and time then showed us the room to which we will marry in. The vows were in a little book that we have to say on the day which we dont have to learn :lol: they read them to us on the day! that was about it hun.
when u getting married?
xx :cheer:

sophie said:
folder full of info, booked the date we wanted and time then showed us the room to which we will marry in. The vows were in a little book that we have to say on the day which we dont have to learn :lol: they read them to us on the day! that was about it hun.
when u getting married?
xx :cheer:

15th September 07.

So they give you a little book with the vows in? Do you go in again just before the wedding? And how long does the ceremony take?

Sorry to mither

Thanks for that info nicki. :D

it is one sheet of paper folded in half lol im tryin to be really accurate here with details of the day an the vows in.
it says the service should take about 25 mins.
it says before the service the registrar will see me an OH just to make sure all details are correct an then its on with the service.
i dont need anyone to give me away all we need is 2 witnesses.
after vows its registration of our marriage, which u sign in ur maidan name u sign the book an so does ur witnesses.
Finally the registrar will give the bride the certificate and thats it!!!
ive just read it out the leaflet!
i guess all reg offices are the same but this is whats happening at mine. oh an we wont need to go back before the big day!
hope this makes sense chick
xx

Well thats erm........ a bit quick and plain!! lol

I didn't realise it was that quick!!

Oh well at least i won't get bored during the ceremony!! :rotfl:

So if im getting married in a church i dont need to worry about this do i???
Just checking !!!?

It is really plain and quick, i would love to get married in church but i was not christened. OH is catholic so we are having our rings blessed at the reception by his family priest.

Steph no u shouldnt have too.
xx

I gave notice of marriage this morning!

She just took our details and the date and gave us a form to fill in as to what vows we want of the list and the songs we want etc.

She gave me the forms to re-register the children so that the mothers name is changed to marriage name.

It's all so real now, i am getting nervous! :|

I wrote my own vows for our wedding it made it a lot more personal..I thought it would be the most boring part of the day but actually it was the most romantic

Enjoy it

hehe yeah i had to do this last month, they asked us questions about eachother, they asked me what my o/h does for a job, and what his dads name is! haha crazyness xxx just 6 months to goooooo! xxxx

When we went to give notice i was suffering from all day sickness! I thought i would have to run out of the room it was taking so long!

Oh, so long ago!

jadie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back