birth certificates

beanie

Reaction score
Whe applying for a new passport for your child what birth certificate do you need.I have the short version they give you as standard but am I right in thinking they need the long version. If so where can I get copies, and how do I go about it??

I'm pretty sure you need the long versions. We had to get long versions for when we got married in Gibraltar and I ordered them online. Quite scary how easy it was to be honest!

Ive only ever had the short version, and have had no problem getting a passport for me or Cameron

I just gave them the short version for Arianna's passport... but we did it in the Glasgow office rather than sending it away - not sure if that makes a difference!

They told us when we applied for orans they would only take the long version, cause we tried the short version (we only paid for the long one so we could keep that nice and send the sort one of for things like this incase they ever lost it!) so we had to get the long one.

I think you can get them from the registrars office or online

I was told that I would need the full version, so I got the full one. Haven't got a passport for my lo so I can help. xxx

Never had a passport so tbh wouldn't know what you needed..

As for getting copies of birth certificates you can either go to the register office where it was issued and fill out the form there or you can go to http://www.gro.gov.uk and order it online.

Sarah xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back