Not sure where else to turn...

roxy1983

Reaction score
I feel a bit stupid posting on here as I've on been ttc for 8 months but I've hit a really low point;

I didn't expect to fall on straight away but me & DH are still relatively young, fit & healthy. I was fine for the first couple of months but having started tracking everything I noticed my luteal phase is only 8 days. I went to see my Dr and she has said not to worry about it, just relax and keep trying then go back in February if we still have no luck.

I started going for weekly acupuncture and noticed a change in af straight away, it was quite light and didn't look like fresh blood before but is now nice & healthy. I'm very regular and have the correct stages of CM as well as +opk's.

I've taken a high dose of vit B6 for 3 months but it didn't change a thing so I started taking the B complex vitamins instead which still hasn't increased my luteal phase.

I was 'ok' for the first few months - positive and happy plodding along but I'm feeling at an absolute low now. If somebody could predict my future and say 'you will have a baby but it will take a couple of years' I would be fine, just knowing that we will get there, but I'm suddenly feeling so negative like it won't ever happen.

I know many of you ladies have been trying months and even years - but what do you do to keep positive and happy? All I want to do is cry and I feel like I'm isolating myself at the moment. :cry:

Sorry ur feeling low. Try not to worry I know it's easier said then done and everyone has their highs & lows. The dr's should start sending u for tests after u've been trying a year, well mine did (I've been trying 15 now) but all dr's are different so they may test sooner. Make sure u are u taking folic acid! Ull get lots of advise from the ladies in here they are Ace & I think being on here really helps me get through each month.Xx

:hug:

Have you tried Angus Castus? Its a vitex complex (woo get me) that helps regulate your cycle, there will be lots of threads lower down for you find info in.

Defo take a high dose of folic acid, and keep up with B6....makes skin fab :)

Keep in touch on here, we all help each other thru, im almost due a long service aeard i think.....lol

xxxx

Thanks tinks & chazabell, think I needed a good cry and a good moan cause I've started to feel better now!!

I've been taking the sanatogen mother to be tablets since January so hopefully they have enough folic acid? I will certainly keep up with the B6 with the hope they will lengthen my cycle some time soon.

I was going to try the angus castus but then read on another post that you shouldn't take if you have a good regular cycle as it may make them irregular but surely an irregular cycle would be better than a short luteal phase?

Good luck to you both with everything, I'll keep checking for your updates!! xxx

Hiya Roxy :)

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better after getting it off your chest xx

Thanks Louise!!

I don't want to sound like I'm prying but do you mind if I ask about your journey and how you've come to be TTC through IVF? Just tell me to do one if you don't want to talk about it!! xx

Hiya Roxy :) I don't mind at all.

My journey is pretty well documented on the forum if you look through my created threads but basically...

Started ttc June/July 2010 and gave myself 5 months to conceive i was so cocky lol All my friends were having babies and i wanted my baby in the same school year.

We had never used contraception though so i guess we was more ntnp for 5 years.

After we missed that deadline i was really gutted so told hubby (assuming it was his problem because he is a diabetic and used to be quite the party animal) to go and get tested.

I'm not one for hanging around :good:

He did and it came back really bad. He had to repeat it and it came back even worse.

In the meantime i had STI smears, blood tests, ultrasounds - all pointless really because based on hubby's sperm results alone we needed IVF. I was fine.

We even had a private consultation and a karyotype (genetic) test to try and speed things up but it still took 8 or 9 months to get to the stage of being ready to start treatment and that is fast compared to most.

We had our first treatment cycle in June/July and that was a disaster and they are basically saying that we probably need a sperm donor.

That was really hard to deal with - definitely the low point.

We've decided to ignore them and continue to try with my husbands sperm, after doing everything possible to improve it.

I think all in all, it's been one of those things that either makes you or breaks you. I have honestly felt very embarrassed about the situation, especially at first. Having IVF is quite the sterotype. Everyone thinks they know everything about it but they don't. You find yourself getting really selfish and it's hard to relax. Since the failed cycle everything else seems even more insignificant in comparison.

It hurts even moreso because my religion considers IVF to be a sin. I don't have much faith anymore.

I see it as an illness so it's impossible for me to be angry at hubby. I feel sorry for him if anything.

It's always on my mind. Always. I think that is why i like the forum so much because after i write a few posts, the day has slipped by, ever closer to the next treatment cycle.

Is that pretty much what you wanted to know or have i missed something out?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back