Not sure what's going on

ALH399

Reaction score
Hi, all,

I got a positive pregnancy test last Friday (15 dpo). I was super excited and then on Saturday I had cramping and spotting. By Sunday I was still cramping and there was bleeding. I would describe the bleeding as a light period, but definitely red blood. I called my doctor and she said I was having a chemical pregnancy and I should just treat it as my regular period. I was upset but glad i knew what was going on.

It's now a week later (22 dpo) and I took a pregnancy test today. I knew there was still a good chance it would be pregnant since i know it takes a bit for the hormones to leave your body. But there was an extremely dark positive line, probably as dark as the control line. I also have sore breasts which I have never had up until this situation.

Do you think my body is just adjusting, or could it be possible the bleeding and cramping wasn't from a chemical pregnancy...i'm just confused and wanted to chat here before saying anything to my doctor.

Hi, all,

I got a positive pregnancy test last Friday (15 dpo). I was super excited and then on Saturday I had cramping and spotting. By Sunday I was still cramping and there was bleeding. I would describe the bleeding as a light period, but definitely red blood. I called my doctor and she said I was having a chemical pregnancy and I should just treat it as my regular period. I was upset but glad i knew what was going on.

It's now a week later (22 dpo) and I took a pregnancy test today. I knew there was still a good chance it would be pregnant since i know it takes a bit for the hormones to leave your body. But there was an extremely dark positive line, probably as dark as the control line. I also have sore breasts which I have never had up until this situation.

Do you think my body is just adjusting, or could it be possible the bleeding and cramping wasn't from a chemical pregnancy...i'm just confused and wanted to chat here before saying anything to my doctor.
Sorry you’re going through this!! where are things at now? If your tests are still positive:

You could still be pregnant.

or you could have miscarried but there is still some tissue left providing the hormones. when I miscarried 3 weeks later my tests were still blazing positive, in the end I needed surgery.

Thirdly this could be an ectopic pregnancy which can be extremely dangerous.

I would contact your doctor and explain that there was bleeding and cramping but you’re still getting very positive tests.
I would actually embellish and say you have stabbing pains in one side in order for them to take you seriously and book you in for a scan. Because either way you need to know what’s going on and if it is ectopic you absolutely need to know Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back