Are these symptoms pregnancy related?

BelleDeJour

Reaction score
i had a light, weird, earrly period 14 days ago. i have been sloppy with the pill and gave up eventually so i put it down to that. before and after this period i have had unprotected sex with my partner where he came in me.

this morning i got a dark brown almost black discharge with a tiny bit of cramping.

i did a pregnancy test a couple of weeks ago it was negative but i think it was too early anyway.

i would be chuffed if i was pregnant.

has anyone else had his discharge so soon after a period? its not normal for me and i have never ever had ovulation bleeding for the record.

thanks for your replies.

Belle.

Last edited:
Hi, just a thought , but I suppose technically the light bleed you thought was a period could have been implantation and then now the little bit of old blood could be remnants of that or a little bit more with cramping

Then again , some people do get light periods some or all the way through pregnancy, so that's another idea!

Or you could have had a period, not be pregnant and this bleed , be an old bit of blood, although 2 weeks is a long time for it to wander out, even if very old and black (sorry TMI).

I would wait a few more days and test again, as if pregnant your hormone levels rise every 3 days,
You sound like you would be after a BFP - so best of luck if you retest

i came off of the pill in may and for the first 2 months had spotting of browny coloured CM all through those 1st two months so it could be your body adjusting to not having all those hormones etc in them and trying to regulate maybe! my brothers girlfriend came off the pill end of April and shes had nothing but spotting ever since, still hasnt regulated bless her which must be harsh! Good luck in your ttc journey hun xx

I has a period 1 1/2 weeks ago for 7 days but lighter, i started getting spotting and backache and i did a test and it was postive 3+ weeks on clear blue digital meaning 5 weeks from the start of the last period before this one. I am still getting light spotting, sometimes a brown discharge and light pink blood. I have had two blood test to check my hcg levels. the first coming back at 2097 im just waiting to see if this dobles in my next test, if doesn't and goes down, then this will be a miscarriage, this would be the first time and i came of the pill in feb, im just as confused as you. take another now as it can take some time to show, go the docs and have your levels tested. i did a test 3 days before my period and it never showed up, 1 1/2 weeks later after period i got a postive, unexpected and shocked. Coming off the pill may be the reason for the discharge as it messes your body up, it can take months for your period to go back to normal. hope this helps

If your period was 14 days ago and youre NOT pregnant then you'ld be around ovulation time and you can get an increase in cm - so it could be that. Only way to know is to keep testing - if you are ttc then sounds like now is the time to get bd! Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back