not sure what to do first

babybooboopant

Reaction score
Hello noobie here =)
basically I've just turned 30, and have been ttc for a few years, i never get a positive on my ovulation tests and my periods come and go as they please, the last one i had was 2/3 months ago, I'm a larger lady who has joined slimming world and was told i had pcos when i was about 18 but never really been told much about it. i obviously haven't been able to conceive. i go to the doctors when i was about 25 to try and regulate my periods but the doctor didn't really take me seriously, and I am worried this is going to happen again. I am not sure what to do now do i carry on trying- see a doc what happens if i go to the doctor? will i get fobbed off? i don't know the process of what the doctor will actually try?
I'm sorry for so many questions I just want to know the whole process.
thank you :wave:

I didn't want to read and run...don't know the exact process of when you go to the doctors what happens but you should DEF go to the doctors and don't let them fob you off. General guide is if you've been ttc for a year to go to the doctor so you definitely would fall into that category. As I understand it there are various drugs they can try to help stimulate ovulation like clomid and a couple of others. They can also do blood tests to confirm you're not ovulating/your progesterone levels.

I'm sure people will reply with much more knowledge than me but you're perfectly entitled to go to the doctors and they should offer a way forward-don't leave until they do! I think there are parts of the forum that might have more knowledge in PCOS (maybe in long term trying to conceive?) so might be worth popping in there to see if you can get any more useful info. My brother and I are both clomid babies so PCOS definitely doesn't mean you won't get your rainbow baby! Good luck! x

Hey - i think you should call the drs, mention you've been ttc for a few years and that you have PCOS which has made it difficult to pinpoint ovulation. Then you will likely be referred to a gynaecologist. Then they can proscribe certain drugs such as clomid to stimulate ovulation but ultimately they can work on helping you to conceive. Then if you still fail to fall they can start processes such as IVF.

Best to go right one as the whole process is generally a long one. They like to try you on meds for quite a while before progressing.

If the dr ignores you I'd write a complaint and ask to see a different dr. It took me 5 rubbish drs then one lady dr listened and has been really proactive about my issues.... Although my issues started long before ttc but hopefully it'll be beneficial. My first gone apt is this month.

You'll still be able to conceive though don't worry! Some of us take longer than others but when the time is right, it will happen :)

Hi, welcome! I also have pcos. You're doing the right thing with joining sw as I think the first thing the doc will probably say is to lose weight. This in itself may help with ov. Have they ever tried you on metformin? So my advise would be to Continue as you are losing weight and go to the doctors to speak to them (you can already tell them you're actively losing weight). As taboo says don't let them fob you off and it's absolutely possible to get pregnant with pcos (I did it but sadly it ended in miscarriage, but I'm still trying!). Good luck xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back