not smoked for 2 years , im ashamed of myelf

sarahx500

Reaction score
:( :( :(
i stopped smoking 2 years ago but i bought 10 testerday and now im ashamed of myself...

me and OH have been non stop fighting for the last few days and i just cudnt help myself... we split up and arnt together anymore and i just dont no wot to do with myself, the 1st thing i did was grab the fags and now im ashaned of myself.. i have no1 to talk to my mums really ill and i dont get on with my dad, i gradually gave up my friends coz OH convinced me they were no good for me so i dont have any friends to talk to.. i just feel lost ...

xxx

Oh Sarah, don't feel guilty in any way for grabbing the fags, sounds like you've been through hell recently. I did the same about 10 years ago when I split with my daughters ex. I had given up 3 years before, and he hadn't. I wouldn't let him smoke in the house, or come near me when he had been smoking. But as soon as he packed his bags and left, I went and bought a pack and sat in the living room and smoked. Unfortunately, that was the downhill spiral to smoking again. :( I stopped again in October last year, and this time it's for good.

Just look on what you did as a lapse in judgement. You have done nothing wrong at all. Throw away what you have left and just carry on as before. There is not enough nicotine in your system yet to get you addicted again, so stop now before you are.

About your firends.... Can you call them and explain that you didn't want to lose touch with them, but it was pressure from your OH? If they are good friends, they will totally understand. I know it all seems so hopeless now, but I am living proof that it can and will get better.

And we are all here to listen hun.
xxxx

(((Sarah))), don't feel bad. Whenever you are changing a behaviour such as smoking there is always a chance of relapse and this is part of the change. Its up to you where you go from here though, like Tankett says throw them away. If your friends are true friends then they will listen to you and be there for you, I went through something like this with one of my friends but as son as she needed me I was there even though we hadn't spoken in ages. We are all here for you xxx

i have done the exact same thing not been smoking since i fell pregnant with my last son over two years ago and recently i have felt soo low and tired and stressed i just reached for them my partner says im selfish i smoke 10 a week if that i feel so guilty but he doesnt understand how hard its been for the last few months, i had a low placenta which moved and the midwife things i may have anemia which is why im struggling.

i have no family and dont really get much help from my partner so he wouldnt understand.

smoking whilst pregnant is wrong we all know it but it cant help the fact that sometimes we all slip and make mistakes i felt like id go crazy if i didnt relax somehow, it is one of the hardest things ive done being pregnant it changes everything in your life and if you have problems on top of being pregnant it really doesnt help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back