Not sleeping.. getting depressed!

SoonToBeMrs

Reaction score
I know alot of you are going through the same sleeping problems.. and I know I keep going on about my working hours.. but I'm really suffering here. I don't want to moan to my supervisor about the hours because the company I work for are very unprofessional when it comes to pregnant employees.. and I am still sort-of on 6-month probation period at work.. which should have ended by now.. but my emplyers are milking it.. because that's what they do.. they're sneaky like that..

Anyway.. without the hassle of having to moan to my employers and them seeing me as a pain in the arse and wanting to get rid of me.. I am seriously suffering. I dont know if anyone saw my working rota I posted in a topic not so long ago.. here it is if you need reminding;

Today(7th) - 8am til 8pm
Thurs(8th) - 8am til 8pm
Friday(9th) - 8am til 8pm
Saturday(Today) - 8am til 8pm
Sunday - Day off
Monday - 10am til 11pm
Tuesday - 10am til 11pm

Wednesday - Day Off
Thursday - 9am til 9pm
Friday - Day Off
Saturday - 11am til 11pm
Sunday - 11am til 11pm
Monday - 9am til 9pm
Tuesday - Day Off

Wednesday - 11am til 11pm
Thursday - 11am to 11pm
Friday - 11am - 11pm
Saturday - Day Off
Sunday - Day Off
Monday - 11am to 11pm
Tuesday - 11am to 11pm

Wednesday - 9am to 9pm
Thursday - Day Off
Friday - Day Off
Saturday - 10am til 10pm

So anyway.. I worked Wednesday this week and could not concentrate.. I had a really rough night that night.. back to work again on Thursday for another 12 hour shift and I was worse with my concentration.. so my sales are the worst in my office at the moment.. Thursday night/early morning my 4 year old was throwing up from about 3am which meant I had virtually no sleep and couldn't get out of bed that morning to go to work for my 3rd 12-hour shift so I called in sick..

..I'm back in today and feeling so so tired after my 4 year old woke me up again last night and crawling into bed with me and OH leaving me not much room to toss and turn as I usually do.. I woke up this morning so tired after such a hectic week and feeling so run-down..

I have a day off tomorrow (Sunday) but then I'm back in on Monday and Tuesday on 13-hour shifts (10am - 11pm)

I have Wednesday off but then I'm back in again on Thursday 9am til 9pm..

How the hell am I going to get through the next few weeks??? :( :( :( :( :( :wall: :wall: :cry: :cry: :cry: :shock:

I'm so tired that I find myself crying and wishing I had a better job but no chance of that being 6 months pregnant and with OH being out of work.. so all money worries on my shoulders.. thank you very much life you're doing me proud!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Argh!!

Help me.. I'm so worried about myself.. my OH tells me to speak to my boss.. but he doesn't understand that telling my boss doesn't mean something will be done about it.. my boss will see that my sales are falling to the bottom and probably sack me for a poor record.. so either I find some spare hours in the day and some extra energy to stay awake.. or I fall to pieces!! :cry:

you have every right to be unhappy with your hours- thats crazy. Arent you in excess off the amount of hours you are supposed to do per week (Im not sure but thought there was some law where you cant exceed 40 hours or something).
Is there a HR department you can talk to?
Do you think your boss would consider you reducing your hours?
If I was working those hours, Im pretty sure I would have ended up off sick by now as it must be under huge physical and emotional strain.
Hope you can get something sorted

hey hun, have u had a risk assesment done?? cos that seems way too many long shift in a row, even when ur not pregnant!!!!! Im sure they cant make u work 4 long days in a row by law!! bless ya hun, Im not sleeping at all either, well i can get to sleep its when i wake up for toilet or one of the kids get me up it takes me ages to get back to sleep.

I would have a work with ur boss them hrs are not suitable for a pregnant woman :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

It's a small business I work for.. and I am the only pregnant employee across the whole company.. over 4 offices all over the country..

The hours most definately are excessive but I signed a contract stating that the hours may be changed from time to time to suit busy periods.. I'm contracted 39 hours per week but I've been put in for alot more hours. I signed the agreement a while back.. nothing I can do about that. As for working hours.. in order for me to have reduced hours I would have to work 7 days a week! I'm already do 6-day weeks some weeks. This job is a highly competitive sales job.. and I can't cope like I used to.. I'm falling apart.. I just want out! :(

hunny totally understand everything u said, but u are pregnant therefore by law they must fill in a risk assesment, and from that they will see them hrs are not right for someone pregnant. I work for a very small business there is only 3 of us, I still had a risk assesment done as soon as i got preggers.

How does a risk assesment work exactly? Who assesses the risks?? Sorry if it sounds silly but I wasn't working last time I was pregnant :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back