Not sleeping much anymore

Tiggy26

Reaction score
Hi,

Antonio has completley changed his sleeping pattern! He used to sleep from 7.30pm through to 8/9am the next morning with a dream feed at 11pm that he slept through.

Now he fights his sleep from 7pm-9pm, then falls asleep for about an hour, then wants another feed at around 10ish then wakes up about 2-3 times a night wanting his dummy, then wakes up at 4/5am and wont settle unless he comes into our bed and then sleeps till 8am.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Is there anything I can do to help him settle better at night? Im doing the bath, bottle, bed routine which has worked great since he was about 3mths old but nothing i do or try seems to make the nights any better :(

T xx

Tiggy26 said:
Hi,

Antonio has completley changed his sleeping pattern! He used to sleep from 7.30pm through to 8/9am the next morning with a dream feed at 11pm that he slept through.

Now he fights his sleep from 7pm-9pm, then falls asleep for about an hour, then wants another feed at around 10ish then wakes up about 2-3 times a night wanting his dummy, then wakes up at 4/5am and wont settle unless he comes into our bed and then sleeps till 8am.

Has anyone ever experienced this? Is there anything I can do to help him settle better at night? Im doing the bath, bottle, bed routine which has worked great since he was about 3mths old but nothing i do or try seems to make the nights any better :(

T xx

Thanx Midna, think I just too used to the good life of 12hrs sleep! Its my turn for the no sleep moaning now :D

T xx

Your LO could be on a growth spurt, or teething or ready to start weaning (if you've not already started).

My LO only started going thru the night when he was about 5months old, but there is still the odd occasion when he's unsettled in the night, or a total mare to get to sleep in the first place.

I guess we all just need to fully appreciate those nights we do get to sleep thru til morning eh :D

From what I recall reading, 5 months is a time for 'sleep regression'. It, like so many other things, just a phase. It's often caused by rapid development of their little brains. There's so much going on they find it hard to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back