Not settling...

hayley_17

Reaction score
Owen just refuses to sleep in his cot. I know it sounds stupid and the HV says its my fault but i don't no how to get him to sleep in it. He's too big for his moses basket now so he has no other option really.

When he was 6 weeks i started him in his cot, in his own room. At first he cried for a while but after one night of me not getting him out when he cried, he was fine. I didnt leave him crying for long, i stood where he could see me and stroked his face every now and again if he was crying. Then he went into hospital and had his jabs and he's all over the place.

He's 11 weeks now and so much more strong willed. He knows what he wants and won't settle unless hes getting what he wants. He'll only go to sleep if he is being rocked in my arms. When he goes to sleep i put him in his cot but he just wakes up. I try the same as what i did before but he just doesnt settle. It doesn't bother him, he will cry and cry untill he is lifted out.

I put the cot in my room now so he can see me if he wakes and so he will know hes not on his own but he's not any better. This is his typical night time routine he has gotten himself into-

6:30- bath
between 7 & 8- last feed
falls asleep being rocked after screaming in his cot at about 9
i give him a dream feed at about 11
wakes at 2 and doesnt want feeding, just doesnt want to be in his cot eventually after cuddling he goes back down
wakes at 4 for feed but is just as hard to put back down
wakes at between 6 & 7 and i get him washed & dressed

I know i should probably not get him out of his cot at night time but i don't like to leave him screaming because it wakes everyone else in my house. My Mum & Dad have to work & my Sister is at school so leaving him to scream seems unfair.

I don't know what to do with him, any suggestions will be great :)
Thanks xxx

Hi

Like i just told you on Msn Kiara used to be like this hmm dont really have anything to suggest most babies grow out of it he is still young .
I know what you mean about not wanting to wake people up we had people living with us till just over a month ago and ide get her right away cuz didnt wanna wake the house hold up.
Could you try maybe putting a teddy in the cot with him maybe he will feel like hes not lonely? but i dont think your allowed to have anything in with them at that age?
I hope he settles for you hun know how tiring it can get ..it will get better :hug:
Katrina

snap hayley!!! Ellis is soo the same as you can see from my post today!

fingers crossed they will grow out of it, but heres to wishful thinking.

Ellis is up at 5am now!!!

xxx

what about 2 bolsters on either side of him to make him secure. Maybe he feels as though there is too much space around him.
Have you tried lying him on a t-shirt that you have been wearing so your smell is near him. Not that im saying you smell :lol:

he usually has one at the back of him but ill try them on both sides, see if that helps. he has this thing of wanting to always rub his face in things, it just scares me that he might do it in the night :?

haha no i havent tried that with the t- shirt, could be worth a try though, anything 2 try and get him to sleep!

thanks xxx

even since the twin towers i have been so scared that we are gonna go to war and get bombed if i see summit on the news or someone tlks about war i completly freak out and get nightmares for weeks, neway.. the other nite i woke up in the nite convinced we were at war and we were being bombed i just got so paniky and upset it was unreal and i got convinced that if me and B were gonna be bombed we should be together so i went and slept in his room on the floor, iv had this dream a couple of times now but have stopped myself going into his room! but i now keep waking up convinced that something is wrong with B he is in the room rite next to mine and our beds are right next to paper thin walls and altho i can hear him breathe i get convinced he isnt and keep getting up in the nite to check on him and im sure that it is waking him up at nite but i dont want to get convinced tlk myself out of going into his room to check on him and there is actually something wrong with him
ne ideas on how to sort me out??

Hi

Hun i know i couldnt help you when you told me this but try not to worry just remember that B is fine . :hug: Hope these dreams stop soon
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back