Counting kicks...

Dinky

Reaction score
Now I'm 26 weeks should I be counting kicks? She kicks at similar times each day, I can see a pattern. She generally wakes when I wake and she sleeps all day and wakes at about 10.30pm for a real good kick about!! Some people say I should count and some shouldn't, I'm seeing midwife on Tuesday but wondered if I should be telling her anything about movements?x

I thought it was from 28 weeks that you need to kick count hun?

xxxxxxxxx

My mw never mentioned it to me until I was 30wks x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I thought it was 28 weeks too but it was mentioned the other day about doing it from 26, i guess all MWs work differently in different areas, I will wait until she asks me to do it!!!x

I'm not counting but at the mo I'm getting kicked loads! :)

Xx

I dontthink I could count if I tried ... Been gettin battered since 10 last night.

Currently feel like there is a foot in my foof!

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

I always thought the counting started a bit later. I think the important thing is not necessarily to count every kick but to notice any change or decrease in movement??? xx

My friend said last night, she had her mw appointment and shes 24 weeks.. She said mw will ask her to coun kicks from 28 weeks and to contact MW if she only gets like less than 10 kicks per day..

Christ. I had about 20 kicks in the first half hour/hour of waking this morning!!

im not sure what other midwives do but where i work we now ask if babys movement pattern has changed rather than counting ten movements in a day but i guess its probably different everywhere x

im not sure what other midwives do but where i work we now ask if babys movement pattern has changed rather than counting ten movements in a day but i guess its probably different everywhere x

That's pretty much what my mw said to me. But she did say I should be feeling her at least 10 times per day.
Really not worrying as she's a constant wriggler lol x

That's pretty much what my mw said to me. But she did say I should be feeling her at least 10 times per day.
Really not worrying as she's a constant wriggler lol x

Yeah deffo more than ten :) but look out for pattern too. Mines a wriggle bum too, I absolutely love it!! X

My friend said last night, she had her mw appointment and shes 24 weeks.. She said mw will ask her to coun kicks from 28 weeks and to contact MW if she only gets like less than 10 kicks per day..

Christ. I had about 20 kicks in the first half hour/hour of waking this morning!!

I was told this too..

Had a MW appointment last week at 27 weeks and she said that I should be feeling more than 10 kicks a day and if not to go to the Maternity ward. Tbh I started freaking out after she told me this, as I thought well what if I dont feel anything til after 5pm? Do you wait 24 hours or just a working day?? Gahh! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back