Not pregnancy related just need the support

Belle23

Reaction score
Had some awful news today. We got told today that my mum has womb cancer and has to have a full hysterectomy. My mum is very overweight and this is really frightening me. She has other health issues and I guess I am just freaking out. Anyone know of anyone who's had one I'm frightened. I know it's ironic I'm posting this in here but u ladies are amazing support. Xxxx

So sorry honey. What a worry for you. Hope she is ok x

Sorry to hear this :-( I have worked on gynae surgical wards for several years now and hysterectomies aren't as scary as they used to be. They are big ops but safe compared to many others and she will be kept a close eye on if she has other health problem. I know it is hard not to worry but I'm sure she will be fine xx

So sorry for ur sad news, hope ur mums ok xxxx

I don't know anything about it hun but just wanted to offer my support and really hope everything is ok! Will be thinking of ur mum! Xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

So sorry to hear this :hugs: thinking of you and your mum also xx

I'm really sorry to hear this, do you know what stage the cancer is? If they've caught it early the hysterectomy will get rid of it & they will probably give her some sort of chemo as a precaution.

My MIL had ovarian cancer that had spread to her lymph nodes 2 years ago and had a full hysterectomy and 2 rounds of chemo. She's now been clear for a year although she did have to have further surgery as she developed a hernia which is common with hysterectomys. She still has to have check ups to make sure the cancers not back but other than that's she's ok.

I know it can be a tough and scary time but give her loads of support & make sure someone goes with her to the appointments to make notes as they will give her info that she will forget.
Any questions write those down too and go through each one with the doc, as you will forget them when you go if you don't.

I'm here if you have any questions that I can help with, otherwise try not to stress & remember to look after yourself too.
Take care x

So sorry hun, i work on theatres and hysterectomies are done all the time x

I don;t know about this hun, but wanted to offer my support, hope that she comes out the other side of a long journey xxxx

Belle I am so sorry to hear this. I have, and don't know anyone that has had, experience of womb cancer.

My mums BFF had breast cancer and my uncle had throat cancer. It is a horrendous disease but it can be beaten.

Please strong hun but don't forget to look after yourself and your LO you are growing too. You and mum need to be there for each other.

Do you have a big family? Sisters/brothers?

xxxx

No we are a very small family. I have good friends though. I think I'm frightened that she has to go through the operation. They have said once the op is done as its grade 1 it's not spread and hopefully won't need chemo. But because my mum is a large lady I am worried about the op. xxxx

Sorry to hear of your news I hope your mum is ok xxx

oh hun, hope your mum is going to be ok, sending lots of hugs your way! I know its different but my mum was diagnosed with skin cancer a few months ago and had an op to remove it, shes fine now but very worrying all the same xxx

So sorry to hear this hunny :hugs: such a hard thing to go through, I hope u all get through this together xxx

Last edited:
Am really sorry to hear this, My thoughts are with you and ur mum! My auntie had to have a full hysterectomy a few years ago and she is very overweight. Lucky it all went well, and she is absolutely fine now! The drs are pretty good now, and Im sure ur mum will be in good hands xx

im sure they wouldnt have considered surgery for your mum if they were that concerned about her weight so try not to panic.sending prayers you and your mums way that everything turns out well xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back