Not really pregnancy related but worried :(

Bee7

Reaction score
Had some sad news over the weekend that one of my friends mums died very suddenly in her sleep on Saturday. It's really shook me. A lot of horrible things seem to be happening to people i know lately - a work collegue lost his wife in a freak accident, a boy from my area was killed in a car crash. I know it's really awful to think so selfishly about other peoples tragedies but i can't stop worrying that something is going to happen to my family :(

My grandma has to go into hospital for a hysterectomy next week which is obviously a massive operation for anyone, but she's 73 and i hate to think of her having to go through that at her age. It just scares me how quickly horrible things can happen :( i know theres no point worrying but i think it's maybe my hormones etc that are making me feel v insecure, vulnerable and worrysome lately. I don't know. I just love my mum, stepdad and grandparents (and obviously OH and bubs) so much and have become a lot closer and reliant on them since being pregnant. Sorry for the pointless thread, i know these are irrational worries. As i said, just feeling a bit mehhh lately :( xxx

Awwww :hug: not sure what to say. When things like this happen it drives it home how precious and fragile life is xx

Everyone hates being reminded that we are mortal hun. We've nearly lost my Dad several times and it's very hard. I would say that normally you would hear about these things and as sad as they are you wouldn't be affected quite so much as you are now thanks to the protective hormones rampaging xxxxxxx

I no how you feel hun. I hate hearing that's others have passed. My oh,s best friend lost his dad in Sept two years ago and my oh was close to him, then my oh lost his nanna 2 months later. His brother's girlfriend lost her brother in a motorbike crash a year ago and His college, who was like a dad to him also died suddenly in Feb last year. And now sadly his grandad is very ill and it,s looking like he,s going to pass soon too xx

Big hugs xxx
I know how you feel though. My brother and his gf were expecting twins, due March. They arrived unexpectedly early a week before xmas. Sadly, one of them only lasted a day. He was just too poorly. It was such an upsetting time, and more so because I'm pregnant myself. However, my brother is staying so strong and positive for the other twin. He's doing really well at the moment and has put on a few ounces (so now weighs 3lb!! Sooo tiny still). The strength my brother shows makes me realise that we all do need to carry on and embrace life and the things we have.

We are all lucky ladies, growing our own little people :)

I'm sure your grandma will be absolutely fine honey. They wouldn't do the procedure if the risk was too high. Positive thinking is a great thing, and makes you feel 100% better about things.

Stay strong xxx

Thank you ladies. I just find myself getting a little overwhelmed at times. Emotions are running high and as Babybrain says, i think there is some protective hormone running wild at the moment too. I used to be so socially/financially/career driven, but at the moment all i care about is my family. I suppose when terrible things happen it really puts life in perspective. Sorry for the depressing post, i will definitely try and think positive :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back