Not his fault but he;'s an easy target

timsmom

Reaction score
Since having Alex I feel like I've given Tim ,my ten year old such a hard time. We've had some really serious financial worries and he's just the easiest one to shout at. The financial stuff is nearly sorted now but I just seem to get mad with him so easily. He does things which I find really irritating and I end up screaming or crying at him. I try not to but its just like I lose it. I am gonna end up messing with his head if I carry on like this and he's gonna end up hating me. Anyone got any suggestions about how I can get a bit more control of my emotions. Its not his fault, its me, I'm such a bad mom.

:hug: :hug: I don't have any advice but I think your right to look to get help. I don't think your a bad mam at all but it isn't fair to take our stresses out on LO's.. good luck :hug:

I dont know if this will help but i had this when i had lou she was 5 at the time, and she was so use to being the center of my world that she would do things just to get attention and it drove me nuts!

I felt like you that i was constantly getting at her for no real reason, i expected her to do a bit more, like get herself dressed in the morning or brush her own teeth 1st before i checked them or pick up her own toys silly little things that at the time i thought was resonable but thinking about it i had never expected before iykwim. It took a few months of this before i realised that i was expecting to much and started running round after her again as well as a new baby. It nearly killed me i was constantly exausted and never had enough time to do things for me like have a bath.

You need to find the middle ground, new babys are eventfull and not always in a good way. I got round it by spending time with kate when Lou was in bed doing home work or playing with her barbie :oops: :lol: just something for an hour or so that was just me and her. So she got 1 to 1 attention. I bought her new books (not expensive) so we could read together (she is an excellent reader now) most importantly i learnt patience, because what i expected of her wasnt always what she could do. You definatly not a bad mum and busy one maby but never bad a bad mum would just let it all carry on. Huge :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back