Not having a good time :(

PrincessPeanut

Reaction score
I started maternity leave a week ago and I've not stopped since. It just seems to be one thing after another. It's always been the same really, as soon as any family or friends knew i had a day off work is end up running everywhere after everyone. Now everyone knows I'm off on leave now and I'm soooo contemplating going back to work just to get away from it all. I was always tired at work but now I'm absolutely flaming knackered. I've not had 2 mins (literally) to myself for a week.

To top it off, my Granda's taken ill and I'm having to run back and forward every day to check on him. He's a good 30 min drive away and he fell last night but refuses to see doctor or get checked. He's 92 yr old and has been loiking after my Nana for a while now as she has alzeimers. I'm currently sitting next to him on the sofa, checking every 5 mins to make sure he's still breathing :(

I feel so crappy at the mo, don't have the energy for anything but need to keep going just don't know where I'm gonna get the strength from. Already had 2 hospital visits and been in tears from a bad back. Just need to switch off for 5 minutes but can't see it happening any time soon.

On a positive though I had my 25 MW check this morning and baby is doing ok and I'm also in my last week of tri 2! Xxx

Sorry to hear you are having such a rough time of it, glad all is well with the baby though, big HUG

Sorry you are having a hard time :(
Can you not just tell people straight that you are off on maternity leave because you are too tired to be at work and you need to rest? Be frank with them about it, if they don't like it it's their problem.
I guess it's a different story with your grandparents :hug: it's hard when you know they need the help but won't accept it. What about a home help to call in with them on a daily basis? Then they still have their independence but some of the burden is lifted from you? x

Sorry your having a hard time of it. Like princess said, just tell people you need to rest, even tell a white lie your ill for a day or two so you can chill at home and do nothing, nobody would want you to over do it. Obviously grandparents are a bit different by try and put your foot down that they are your only commitment just now and you can't manage anymore errands!

Is that you really going into tri 3 in a week? I thought we got to stay here till week 27!

Sorry mat leave hasn't started well for you hun! It must be really tough with you grandparents but you do have to find time for you......is there anyone else that can help support your grandparents? I'm guessing if your grandad wont see a dr he wont accept help from social services? Even it would be to give him a break from looking after you nan?
Hope you can find some quiet time for you and bubs.......I know that I feel pretty knackered at the mo and when you can't stop for 2 mins to gather your thoughts and just breathe it's really tough!
Remember you gotta take care of you too......you can't do it all! Could your OH help at all?
Hope it all improves soon! xxxx

oh sorry about your grandad :( and sorry that you are not enjoying your well deserved time off! Hopefully it won't last like this for much loger and you can make up for it xx

and I agree - tell your friends you're tired and need some rest! They need to understand!

Im sorry to hear your having a rough time.. and sorry to hear about ur grandad :(
I agree with all of the above babe be firm and strong..
Ive had to look after my sisters baby in the only time i get to myself (the only time in seven years as my youngest is in morning nursery now) and expects me to be with her everyday to help with her new baby due in aug (first will be one on monday).. which means when my youngest goes full time school in september ill have to look after two kids while being preg myself when i should be resting and making the most of the time to myself.. seven years is a long time lol noone has had the kids in the day for me..
I know a small part of how you must be feeling, so i cant imagine how stressed and worn out you must be!!
If you dont tell them theyll never know they are pushing you too hard babe xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back