Time off work

Kelly281

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had to take time off work (sick days) due to their pregnancy?

I've had to take a few days here and there, and again this week been off for 3 days (nausea, lethargy and had a rash appear around my neck). I went to the nurse and got a prescription, so my work knows I'm not making it all up but I feel so guilty!

I feel like every other pregnant woman just manages to get on with things without having to let work down etc, I'm hoping it's not just me! :eh:

everyones pregnancy is different so dont feel bad!!!
i supose it depends on your job and hours u work too...
i can feel my morning sickness creeping up and i work on my feet all day..
so if i dont feel 100% one day ill be ringing a sickie!!
hope ur feeling better soon xxxx

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone else has had to take time off work (sick days) due to their pregnancy?

I've had to take a few days here and there, and again this week been off for 3 days (nausea, lethargy and had a rash appear around my neck). I went to the nurse and got a prescription, so my work knows I'm not making it all up but I feel so guilty!

I feel like every other pregnant woman just manages to get on with things without having to let work down etc, I'm hoping it's not just me! :eh:

ive had about 10 days off sick so far not ncluding hospital appointments ive had, and with my first i just quit work altogether my sickness was so bad.

if sickness is that bad just ask for anti sickness tablets theyre very good

I seem to be taking 1-2 days every month. Since i've been pregnant every little illness seems to be worse. So everytime i'm off its for different reasons, Cold, off stomach, back pain, lethargy. I don't get paid for being off so it really affects me :( x

I seem to be taking 1-2 days every month. Since i've been pregnant every little illness seems to be worse. So everytime i'm off its for different reasons, Cold, off stomach, back pain, lethargy. I don't get paid for being off so it really affects me :( x

Oh that's not good, I'm lucky in that I do get paid sick leave every year - however don't want them to think I'm taking the mickey!

I've been a bit like yourself, feel like I've had a sick day every month since pregnant with one thing or another!

Its all them little things that usually go away when ya have an early night are dragging on for days. Just keep tryna think it will all be worth it in the end haha x

aww kelly dont feel bad if your not well with the pregnancy and cant go into work thats not your fault. Ive been signed offf work since about the 8th week. and havent returned yet due to hyperemisis (cant spell lol) and extreme tiredness. It does make you feel awful calling in but then i think if i went in i would be no help to them.
lol stuck in the loo throwing up lol
so try not t worry yourself although i understand its hard

I was the same as babya had nearly 3 months signed off with hyperemisis, but didnt have a choice I was too ill to move!! Not had any other sick time since tho as on the days I feel run down I can just work from home. Our hr policy says you can't be disciplined for sick time while pregnant which is good cos normally odd days off here and there off sick lead to warnings and disciplinaries where I work.

Oops pressed submit too soon meant to add don't feel bad about taking time off cos pregnancy is hard on our bodies and you have to take care of yourself and put your health first, your work should understand that xx

I've been signed off sick since last wed and feel so guilty about it, (mine is due to stress and anxiety) and I feel like I'm letting everyone down. But like babyA says, I know I would be no use as I would just be getting even more stressed in work. I've never had sick leave before so I feel guilty about having time off but I need to look after blump too. Hope you feel better soon hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back