Not good with my hands

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Geekachublog, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Geekachublog

Geekachublog Well-Known Member

I have absolutely zero creative skills, I'm not good with my hands, at all. I have so little eye to hand coordination, but I've set myself a challenge to make something for the baby :)

I'm going to start with something like cross stitch, other people have scoffed at me and said "GOD, THAT'S EASY", but it's a real challenge for me, so I'm going to order a cutesy beginners kit after payday and give it a go :)

2. twinkle90

twinkle90 Well-Known Member

It took me a while to grt the hang of cross stitch. And now i love doing them. Ive made one for my nephew and now im gonna make one for Eviexxx

3. Geekachublog

Geekachublog Well-Known Member

Well, I have a close friend who is also pregnant, she's due 11 days after me, she's making us a blanket, but I'm terrible at that kinda thing so I'm going to cross stitch something for her baby's room, I think :)

I'm going to give it a go anyway, I've see some really cute patterns on eBay that I'm going to give a go. :)

(P.s. Meant to say yesterday, Evie is such a gorgeous name, it's in my top 3 list :) )

4. Dotty_woman

Dotty_woman Well-Known Member

Good for you! I was thinking about digging the knitting needles out and trying to make something myself too! xxx

5. Ella1979

Ella1979 Well-Known Member

Cross stitch is a lot of fun and isn't as difficult to master as other things - you can be 100% certain you'll end up with something you want to frame and put in your baby's room. Good luck and have fun!!

6. Rebecca89

Rebecca89 Well-Known Member

thats a lovely idea, im useless too but Id love to make baby something xxx

7. MrsTopher

MrsTopher Well-Known Member

I think its a lovely idea hun!! I really wish I could do something creative, I'd love to be able to do a blanket!! Xx

8. twinkle90

twinkle90 Well-Known Member

Im no good with other things though. Cross stitch kits csn be expensive though cant they! Im gonna wait til my on my mat leave, ive got all the time in the world then haha.

Aww thanks hun. Weve been through sooo many names, and Evie just kinda stuck. Im still not telling friends and family incase it does change again haha xxx