nose bleeds

2010stacey87

Reaction score
hiya girls, just wondering if anyone is suffering with nose bleeds?
i've been getting them quite alot and i'm trying not to worry as the midwife asked me at my 1st scan if id had them as one of my pregnancy symptons...
should i contact midwife anyway to make sure? :eh: xx

Ive never hear of nose bleeds being a symptom

I would say, if you didnt used to get them and now you are getting them frequently it wouldnt hurt to call the midwife or the doctors just to ask :)

It is one of the symptoms of being pregnant - I get them all the time, sometimes loads but others it's just a bit on the tissue paper. My nose is always blocked as well :(.

Is it common to get nosebleeds during pregnancy?

Yes, nosebleeds do tend to occur more often during pregnancy. Pregnancy can cause the blood vessels in your nose to expand, and your increased blood supply puts more pressure on those delicate vessels, causing them to rupture more easily. Although it's unpleasant and inconvenient, an occasional minor nosebleed is generally harmless.

You're especially likely to get a nosebleed when you have a cold, sinus infection, or allergies, or when the membranes inside your nose dry out, as they do in cold weather, air-conditioned rooms, airline cabins, and other dry environments. Trauma and certain medical conditions, such as high blood pressure or a clotting disorder, may cause nosebleeds as well.

Feel abit better after reading the below... I'm the same I have a blocked nose in the mornings and sometimes its dried up blood :( i have had a bit of a cold recently which prob isnt helping...

I've got a really sore throat come on... does anyone know what I can take? Or should I just man up and sit it out haha xx

i have nose bleeds happens in morning mainly

my nose not bleeding but have the blocked with dried up blood thing going on :(

i have the nose bleed thing just now too, its normally during the night when i wake up, and i have a stuffy nose so i blow it and bits of blood come out. I think i've had a wee bit of a cold and burst a vessel in my nose, and when i blow my nose i'm just rebursting it (sounds lovely!). It's never much blood though. x

I've got a really sore throat come on... does anyone know what I can take? Or should I just man up and sit it out haha xx

I seem to keep getting sore throats, I have just been taking hot honey and lemon and it seems to really help :) juice of half a lemon, spoon of honey and some hot water...then just sit and enjoy

I seem to keep getting sore throats, I have just been taking hot honey and lemon and it seems to really help :) juice of half a lemon, spoon of honey and some hot water...then just sit and enjoy[/QUOTE]

ooohh thank you for the tip i will try that when i get home from work tonight... being ill whilst pregnant is the worst :bump: xx

I've had 2 appear from no where! Check preg book says common as ur blood vessels swell! X

I seem to keep getting sore throats, I have just been taking hot honey and lemon and it seems to really help :) juice of half a lemon, spoon of honey and some hot water...then just sit and enjoy

ooohh thank you for the tip i will try that when i get home from work tonight... being ill whilst pregnant is the worst :bump: xx[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it lol I seem to be getting sick all the time
And all the normal remedies are out the window at the mo too...rubbish

i know teampc :( im normally such a healthy person... maybe our immune systems are lower than usual x

i know teampc :( im normally such a healthy person... maybe our immune systems are lower than usual x

Yeah it is, so your body doesn't attack the baby I think
I have also been getting multiple illnesses at the same time lol I got sickness bug and bronchitis.....I felt like death

Ah well it will be worth it in the end

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back