Normal?!

ChloeSmith

Reaction score
Hello, looking for your wisdom again ladies!

In October I had a mc at 9 weeks. 6 weeks later I got my af, and it was fine, just normal and lasted 4 days. I've now just started my second period and it's now super heavy (soaking maxi pads every hour or so) with massive clots. Do you think this could still be remnants from the mc? Why didn't it all come out with the first bleed or last af? Can't work out why now? I had a d&c so I hoped there wouldn't be much left (sorry if tmi).

Do I need to see my doctor? X

Hi is there any chance you could be pregnant again? If you are soaking it in an hour I do think you should see someone. X

Mine were like this, I had two periods after an 11 week loss in June before i got pregnant and both were v heavy. I say they were like that, not a pad in an hour though, but they were heavy and clotty. This was despite me having had a scan which confirmed everything was back to normal. I'm not sure whether the lining becomes thicker after an mc or something but I would suggest definitely check with your doc, just in case.
Hope you're ok xxx

All my Afs after my MCs were very heavy. I asked my doctor about that and he said it can take a while for your body to get back into it's normal routine. Both my MCs were natural but all scans I had said everything was fine. It would only be the first day of full flow that they would be as you have described then I'd bleed for a few extra days but very light. I'm really hoping that they go back to normal after I have this sticky bean. But then! having thought about it, my usual cycle was a full 7-8 days with 3 days of heavy bleeding (needing maxi every 2-3 hrs) then the rest were spotting. The 5 AFs I have had in the past 18 months have only lasted 2 or 4 days I kinda like that too even though on that first day I'm using tampons and pads just in case.

Last edited:
Thanks ladies, this has helped. I did think I might be pregnant again but tests said otherwise, so hopefully it's not a second mc! :( on day 5 now and still pretty heavy but it seems to be getting less each day. Am glad there's a forum to talk about suck things! :)

get yourself some iron supplements as such a blood loss could make you a bit anaemic! you can buy a liquid medicine from supermarkets etc called feraglobin which is really good during a heavy AF :) hope you're ok and it eases off for you soon.

don't worry, D&C's will take everything, lining and all, so our af after was lighter, (I spotted for 8 days my first period), but then your body goes a bit mad I think trying to build a nice new lining up after hence your heavy periods now.

I really do think your more fertile after a mc, prob this lovely deep lining will help, I fell again then

Good luck XX

Thanks JJ mum that's good to know. Hope it builds a nice comfy lining that a little bean nestles right into soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back