normal??

klam

Reaction score
im 32 weeks now and went to a routine midwife aptment this morning. my blood pressure was quite high so she checked baby before doin it again n it had lowered a little but was still "high" so the midwife told me. she seemed a little worried and asked me if i was swollen which i said no to as i cant tell if im swollen or just fatter haha. anyway has anyone else had high bp and what has your midwife done?

I had high BP in the last two months of my pregnancy. My MW monitored it more regularly by coming to my house and my GP did too. When it got very high I was referred to consultancy care at the hospital and they checked me twice a week there.

I did get odema (swelling) my hands, feet and face swelled slightly and I rang my delivery suite and they took me in and checked my water for protein etc but everything was ok. It returned to normal as soon as baby came along.

Your MW should just monitor it more closely for now, it's quite common in late pregnancy and they will take action if it is dangerously high so try not to worry :hug::hug:

I had a spell of high BP and i also had protein in my urine. The MW just kept a closer eye on me by coming out to my house etc. Pre-eclampsia is the concern with these symptoms and close monitoring is important xx

im seein her again in 2 weeks time so hopefully it will be down by then, thanks ladies. put my mind at ease xx

Hiya, my SIL had high blood pressure at 35 weeks, she had loads of bloodtests done the same day that they found she had high blood pressure and turns out she was in slow labour, she had her son 2days ago at 37wks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back