Normal birth after c section????

keljordan

Reaction score
Just thought I'd ask a quick question as my midwife was as much use as a chocolate fireguard!!!! Will I be able to have a normal birth this time as my first was a c section?? The reason why I had to have one was failure to progress. Has anyone else had a v delivery after c section? It would be interesting to see how many of you have or haven't !! Thanks girlies any info will be much appreciated xxx

Yes you will hun :) VBAC , I haven't been pregnant myself yet but i should assume so have you been watching One born every minute a woman had a VBAC on there x

Hey hun, i am also wondering the same thing. Not had my bfp yet but i had a c section with my 1st. Had a c section as DD had a very large head circumference and estimated birth weight and i am a very petite woman. All the info i have read seems to be very much 50/50 on this topic. Hopefully someone else can give you some more information. Your midwife should ideally be able to talk you through the pro's and con's of both options then untimately it is usually up to you which you want to do. Good luck.

I have had a VBAC my first delivery was faliure to progress at 3cm and had an emergency c section then found out I was pregnant with seco d when first was three months old had about twenty docs Nd midwives say no but I went above their heads and asked to speak to my consultant (every pregnant woman has one) and he said yes he outranks them and I got a sussesful vaginal delivery just had to keep askin to get it lol x

Yes this was on a tv show the other day.....one born every minute :)

Vbac :)

im in same position im going to ask my consultant as to what the best plan going to be i had high blood pressure with my first and when induced didnt progress past 2cm ended up emergancy c section can you be induced after a csection with your next one?

Im aiming for a VBAC this time, my temperature went up during my last labour - at 8cm and baby's heartrate increased which menat they took me in as an emergency. I think that most consultants are very much in favour of VBACs unless you have physical or other medical reason for not having a vaginal delivery. Good luck - think positive, thats what Im doing :)

Ooooh god i'm scared now ha ha x :( thanks for all your replies xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back