Non existent pelvic floor

katherine6476

Reaction score
So after a forceps birth with DD2 8 months ago, I've decided to go back to running as I need to tone up! But my pelvic floor is pretty much non-existent. Even running upstairs can cause a a leak!
Anyone else with this problem and what do you use? I'm thinking tena lady but not looked what's available as I'm sure there must be lots of variations?

Have you thought about buying a pelvic floor exerciser. They're abit rude and crude looking, but apparently work great. Also, Pilates is great for strengthening the Pelvic floor also x

It's been almost 3 years since I gave birth (also forceps) but I have the same problem when exercising, I tried a body attack class last year and was shocked that I pretty much wet myself doing a jumping jack!! Mortified is not the word. A couple of months ago I had a bad chest infection and violent cough and omg it was a real nightmare, I had to invest in tena lady, I'll be honest I was so embarrassed in tesco I just grabbed the first box I could see. They are slim line ones and do the trick. When I was coughing (and peeing!) it gave me peace of mind about the odour. It's not so much a problem now day to day but I can definitely sympathise!

Last edited:
I have a violent cough at the moment and have only just braved going back to work, partly because I was having to change my pants / bottoms 2 or 3 times a day. SO embarrassing! I haven't really noticed how crap my pelvic floor is day to day but this cough has brought it home! I'm going to have a look at those pelvic floor exercisers now!

I didn't have a forceps delivery but I still have the same problem! I bounced on my sisters trampoline last year and wet myself- everyone found it highly amusing- I was mortified! I've been doing my pelvic floor excercises- so when my dad gets the trampoline out this summer we'll see if the excercises have paid off lol 😳😳😳

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back