Pelvic floor.

NIE

Reaction score
Hiya,

I have an embarrassing problem that I need help with.

Every time I sneeze, I do a little wee. I had this problem when I was pregnant but it went away but it has come back really bad.

I must say that I wasn't very good at doing my pelvic floor exercises, but I have been doing them very often every day for 3 weeks now and I haven't noticed any change.

My question is....should I notice a difference in this short time or is there maybe something else wrong. I'm a bit scared to go to the doctor as I really can't bare the thought of someone being anywhere near that area, if you know what I mean.

All experiences and advice is greatfully received.

Thanks x

I'd say go to your GP hun.

I pestered them and got referred to a gynaecologist who referred me to a pelvic floor physiotherapist at the hospital.

I've just had my first session and it was really good. Much more helpful than that stupid pink leaflet they kept giving me!!

With regards to embarassment. It's really not that bad. Hell, if you've given birth, you don't really care who goes there!

In my view, as long as they're helping me then I don't care. I want my life back to some semblance of normality.

They rate you on a scale of 1 to 5. I was a 2+ so I've got some way to go. But most women don't bother getting checked out or seeking help. They just assume they have to live with it. Well you don't.

K.xxx

i had to run for the first time a few weeks ago and i wee;d myself too :oops: i didnt know i could go docs i thought it was just part n parcel of giving birth :oops:

It's such a shame, this is exactly what I mean!

Us women are made to think that we just have to put up with all the physical problems that happen to us after birth, and we're not supposed to talk about them. It makes me so angry!

There's no reason we have to put up with peeing ourselves, or anything else abnormal that goes on down there.

GPs are crap at helping cause childbirth is considered safe, easy and normal nowadays. Well, it isn't, it's bloomin hard and it can really cause problems physically and emontionally.

If you're not happy, then bug your GP. I didn't know about pelvic floor physio either, but after asking for my second refferal to the gynaecologist she referred me on again.

You can get back to normal, don't put up with the indifference of most medical professionals.

Sorry for rant, just really gets to me.

K.xxx

Thanks. :hug:

I will go make an appointment now. x

My bladder control went completly after giving birth and its still dire now and I went and had it all checked out by my GP today. I'm due to see physio again and if it does not resolve itself within a few more weeks I'll be refferred as I may need an operation.

What others have said, you can get it checked out easily enough. Yes they will do an internal and check your bladder etc, but if it means they can rule things out then :) Chances are though keep going with the pelvic floor lots and it will improve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back