Non essentials that you want to buy!

flexilexi394

Reaction score
Anyone seen any non-essentials that you want to have for your babies ladies?

I was looking at kiddicare last night and I have head about the snuzpod but I discovered the Chicco Next 2 me! I am definitely getting one, even if I have to get one second hand off of ebay! I love the idea of it, I am so excited to get one!

Can't think of anything else off the top of my head that there is that I want but don't need haha I bet there is loads of stuff in reality!

Those new prep machines for bottle feeders look amazing too.. definitely a must have if bottle feeding I reckon! xx

I've decided on the snuzpod and quite fancy a Stokke bounce & sleep although I'll need to buy that second hand as they don't make them anymore. Also been looking at stretchy wrap baby slings x

Ahh man it's so exciting isn't it I can't wait til my 20 week scan, once that is done I will finish my baby shopping!! Too exciting! I like the snuzpod but I think the one I like might be more practical for us here - there's a swing I want too that I had last time it's a graco one that I can't wait to order! Eek! Xx

Also been looking at stretchy wrap baby slings x

A stretchy wrap is definitely an essential IMO!!!!! :lol::sling1::good:

My non essentials have definitely been more slings (I already have enough to wear a different one every day of the month :blush:) baby clothes - can't stop buying them, I've even bought clothing in 3-6 and 6-12 months even though it won't fit them for a year :shock::oops:, and cloth nappies - which are an essential really, but I could use the local nappy library and loan a kit to make up what I need, but I've ended up buying some gorgeous Frugi/tots bots that match some vests and babygrows I bought, and 2 Wonderoos with cute designs that go well with the clothes I already bought lol.

:rofl: Phoenix! How many slings?! Excellent! Lol at least your choices are more sensible than mine haha! To be fair, I stocked up on clothes for Sofia when she was little in the sizes ahead all the time and I am so glad I did that because I didn't worry about clothes for a very long time! So I will be doing this as well! Xx

Haha, I know. I bought loads of slings when my daughter was a baby and I was carrying her, and I hung onto them. Since then loads more have come out and so many lovely patterns/designs I've had to buy some haha.

With the clothes it's mainly been when I've seen really cute items that I didn't want to miss out on (as obviously the shops will sell off their spring/summer stock in summer and get different designs in for autumn/winter) or they've been on sale so too good a bargain to not get lol.

We've just picked up a dutailer glider chair and stool today, definitely not essential but very comfy ;-) xx

I brought my friends chicco next to me crib, just need to order a new mattress. I didn't like the snooze pod and the chicco looks bigger to me. X

We went for the chicco over the snuzpod as want to be able to use it as a travel cot when baby is little xx

Ive tried not to look at too many extras until I get my big things in which is mainly my travel system which I havent chosen and a snuzpod, chose this over the chicco because the chicco looks like Jacksons travel cot he used to use, plus I like that the snuz is all natural. Ive already been given some non essentials which I wasnt intending on buying like a mammas and papas moses.

I spose Ill get some kind of bouncer seat, a gym/mat and prob a shit load of clothes.

Perfect prep maaaybe, Ive not decided on feeding yet. Ive heard they are brill but also have the theory it doesnt take like hours to boil scoop shake and cool, or keep a flask. Bt I see why theyd be helpful. I had one of these adjustable spoons for formula and you pre set it to how many oz and its basically 1 scoop.

Going the right way about it tho pheonix, some buy shit loads of first sizes which go to waste may aswell get enough of each then move up a size. Wraps are good too, we need to be fashionable :p

I think Ill play it boring navy with the slings :lol:

Im trying to thing of something Jackson used that was a must buy or life saver but he was pretty chill so alot went to waste. Wasnt until he was alert and active to use his activity toys. I think the gagets and extras are deffos for us big kids :p

xxxx

:rofl: Phoenix! How many slings?!

/having said that though, I see most prams and travel systems these days are going for around £500-£700 which is about the same as 8 or 9 of my slings, so swings and roundabouts I guess lol. I haven't bought a pram this time so really all I've done is spend that money on new wraps instead ;) haha xx

Pheonix, i want to get a sling/wrap.. Do you need more than one do you think? Or do u just really like them? ;)

Haha, You definitely NEED more than one ;)

No, in all honesty you can make it work with one, but there are benefits to having 2 or 3... like you can have a long wrap for longer trips out and triple layer carries, and a short wrap for times when you want to quickly throw it on and nip to the shop or the post box or school run etc. Short wraps are also handy for putting in your changing bag in case the baby (or toddler) wants to be carried when you're out (again for instance if you're just nipping out to the supermarket or a quick trip in town etc).
Or you could get a Mei Tai or soft structured carrier for times when you want to put it on quickly, or don't want the wrap dangling on the ground etc.

Back to wraps, shorter wraps are better for one layer carries and hip carries, longer wraps are necessary for carries that go over both shoulders and have multiple layers of fabric over the baby.

More than one sling is also handy so you can keep one in the car or changing bag, and so you always have one available even if one is being washed.

All that said, they definitely get addictive as there are so many different brands, patterns, colours and even fabric blends (ones with silk, with wool, hemp, bamboo, linen, as well as mixtures of several different fibres, and then the standard 100% cotton). There are also certain brands people feel are better for warmer weather and brands or fibre blends that are better for heavier babies and toddlers etc. Stretchy wraps are nicer for newborns, but woven wraps (or Mei Tais etc) are more supportive for babies past the newborn stage. They also come in more colour and pattern choices etc.

Ultimately though I have the number I have just because they are so pretty! LOL

I never got into shoes or bags, but I 'collect' wraps like some women buy shoes lol.

Last edited:
Thank you, that's so helpful! It does seem a bit of a minefield when looking online! I like the over both shoulder ones i think..probably best to start with one, though i may end up addicted lol xx

I have a prep machine. I like that I can ale a bottle in one min and not have to wait for it to heat up, iv not decided on feeding yet but have it incase.

Iv not looked at wraps. I guess there good if you was to get a bus or something. I wouldn't know where to even start looking for one.
I do have a bouncy chair and a play mat but these was brought for us.
I choose the chicco as it looked bigger than snooze pod and I thought she can stay in it till 6 month, plus like may say it can be used as a travel cot and we will be going away twice whilst she very young. I won't be using a moses basket now I have the crib, I do have a cot but thought she would be to tiny and look a bit funny in a massive bed to begin with xx

I cant wait to try and get a chicco next to me! We have a caravan so will be going away too I would imagine, and it packs away into a bag so I am definitely sold!

I never had a wrap last time but I think I will look into getting one this time because I do my food shop in lidl and I can't see how I'm going to do that with a baby unless I go of an evening or have help lol - I am now going to start stocking up on feeding/nursing tops as I found these a godsend last time cx

I've bought really cute embroidered blankets for several friends babies in the past couple of years so if I don't get one as a gift I'll definitely be ordering one as I think they're a lovely keepsake x

I've bought really cute embroidered blankets for several friends babies in the past couple of years so if I don't get one as a gift I'll definitely be ordering one as I think they're a lovely keepsake x

Ooo where do you get them from X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back