Buying for Baby!! Help!

KarolinaMoon

Reaction score
Now that I've had my 20 wk scan, Im going to start buying all my baby stuff....
But I need Help!!!
What was on your list of essentials for baby?
I'm having a wee girl, and was looking at baby clothes online yesterday with my hubby....but found that he was going'yuck' at anything pink & very girly!!! lol. I am not a massive fan of pink myself, but it seems most of the girl baby clothes out there are pink!!
What do you think are the essentials for new born as far as clothes go? I know most babies grow out of newborn size in a matter of a couple of weeks!!
I didnt think I would be this lost with what to get lol xxx

Hi... As for clothes don't go mad! Sure she will get loads of gifts. Well iv got basic sleepsuits, and vests, enough for a few changes for a couple of days. Some bibs. Next have beautiful girls clothes, and they have comfy sleepsuit etc... But with nice colours for a girl... Although there website is crap, it's better to go in store :) also debenhmas do nice stuff, the blue zoo range is so cute, and not over girly, but very cute. And colourfull!!!xx

Don't buy outfits in newborn size. Newborns are hard enough to dress and they are more comfy in sleep suits. Never mind that will outgrow everything so fast.
I am planning to just get some outfits in 1-3.
I am probably having a girl too and I dislike everything pink lol... I saw at h&m some lovely girly thinks in green, purple, light blue with flowers.

Henry is nearly 7 weeks and around 12lb and only just into 0-3 the past few days.

I would say clothes wise as a bare minimum u need 7 sleepsuits and 7 vests, Muslin cloths, socks, a couple of nice woolly hats, and a warm blanket. I would get at least that newborn cos u can get packs of sleepsuits and vests from £2.50. At least that way of ur lo isn't in them long u haven't got loads, but of they r dinky u can always by more. People will buy u outfits so don't bother buyin any of those (unless it's truly irresistible!)

Hope that helps xxx

Matalan have an outfit that says just hatched in yellow, made me melt, but in generla matalan seem to have some very good bargains.

I have a pack of 3 newborn rompers and a set of 3 newborn vests. These will go into my hospital bag.
All the other clothes I have bought are 0-3, 3-6 and 6-12.
I have a pair of scratch mittens and some little hats (to go into hospital bag)

I'd keep the newborn size to a minimum amount myself and concentrate on 0-3 x

Ive got everything in 0-3, certain shops range in weight.
Ive got 8 sleepsuits, 10 vests, 7 outfits etc etc, its hard to list what i have but its not actually alot xxx

As far as clothing goes, I haven't bought alot in newborn.. Maybe 8 sleepsuits, 8 vests, few hats + scratch mittens.. Got alot of LOs clothing from Asda & Matalan - really reasonably priced + good quality! And they had lovely girly bits too :) Also, for other baby things, I have found that www.preciouslittleone.com is amazing! You can pick things up for half the price of other baby stores, it's been a godsend! I would definitely have a gander if I were you :) xx

In Asda's baby event they were some really cute sleep suits & vests for cheap cheap! But I was only looking at neutral stuff though.
For my DD, who has never really worn pink, I get a lot of clothes from TK Maxx, Debenhams & H&M.

My LO was apparently a big baby but he's only starting to grow out of some newborn stuff now at 4 weeks old, and everyyyyone bought us outfits and babygros in 3-6 months. A case of everyone thinking "oh everyone else will be getting them newborn stuff, I'll get the next size up" lol. We had to go out and buy quite a bit of smaller stuff to see us through... But he's completely set for the next size stage lol :) xxx

I didnt buy too many clothes at first and just made sure we had a couple of newborn outfits that she could wear when we then went shopping.

You never know what the weather is going to be like! I got given loads of lovely summery clothes for Sophie and she's missing out on the chance to wear them because she's growing and this crappy weather won't let up. I'd be pretty annoyed if I had actually paid for them xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back