No Period & not pregnant?

ender4

Reaction score
Hi,

First time poster here.... and we've been trying to conceive for a while.

So my wife (aged 32) has her period like clockwork every month, never even a day late.

This month, she is now 6 days late with period, yet pregnancy tests still showing 'not pregnant'.
What has happened to the period? or can it be that she is pregnant, but not showing up on the test yet? We are confused! :?

I'd appreciate if any replies didn't abbreviate too much, as i have read some other threads, and its like they are in a foreign language with so many acronyms! :)

Thank you!

Firstly welcome to the forums!

Can I ask which pregnancy tests you have been using, and do you know the MIu strength of them (this should be somewhere on the packet)?

Some shop bought tests are very low sensitivity, and remember that HCG the pregnancy hormone that is detected by a Home pregnancy test (HPT), only increases every 2-3 days, so it can take a while for a positive test to show.

Many of the ladies on here, myself included have bought very low sensitivity tests - generally 10MIu (and usually from ebay), these tests will generally show up positive a few days before your period is due.

Another excellent site to have a look at is www.peeonastick.com - they talk about most pregnancy tests and their strengths and reliability, its a firm favourite with most ladies who are TTC (trying to conceive).

Just another point you say you have been trying for a while, is your wife monitoring when she is ovulating? If not it might be worth looking into the different options to help with this. The first time I used ovulation prediction tests I actually fell pregnant!

Please keep us informed on how she gets on and whether you get your positive test!

My period was 7 Days Late this month, I am always regular so I was sure i must be pregnant but all my tests came up negative and lo and behold my period turned up last night.

Sometimes there is no reason for it but you wife could have ovulated late which means she will get her period or positive pregnancy test late.

Good Luck I hope you catch soon.

Hiya

I am also new here - i had my last period June 19th (start date) i went to drs 29th July and though she didnt do a test she checked me over and said i was pregnant about 6 weeks or so!

The following night i got some small cramping pains and had a small amount of spotting (more like brownish discharge but slowly turning pinker and lasted about 3 days on and off not enough to change pads or anything) but i thought it was my period! (no clots just a couple of small stringy bits about the size of peppercorn)

Now i have been feeling sick - nasty taste in my mouth all the time my Boobs are like bricks solid and painful to touch i have got more spots around my nipples and also they seem darker and more veiny! Oh and Bloated tummy and back ache my skin and hair are awful

I did pregnancy test 3 days ago and it was negative!

Any Ideas??

This would be my 2nd child and i feel pregnant but have been trying for so long that i cant really remember what it was like with my last

hello well i'm not sure why the tests are saying not pregnant mabe she ovulated late this month or she is pregnant but the hormones arn't strong enough to show on the tests aparently every 2 -3 days the hormones double so it might be worth testing again in a few days, what tests are you trying? and if you get another negative i'd recomend gonig to your local gp. Good luck :D :pray:

Thanks for the replies.

Unsure which pregnancy test she used. She tried 2 different types, both bought from Lloyds pharmacy, one was a pee on a stick type, and one was with a pipette.

We will try another test tomorrow morning, and see whats happening.

We've been trying to conceive for 1 year & 5 months now.
The doctor is sending us for tests soon, to see everything is working ok.

I think i'll be on this forum a lot more from now on :)

TTC can be a very stressful time and stress can delay ovulation. When I was TTC there was a month where my cycle lasted about 7 weeks instead of my normal 5 and I was convinced I was pregnant. Around the time I was due to ovulate, I had a job interview which must have put more stress than normal on me and delayed my ovulation. I think that is why I decided to chart my temperatures as then I had a definite clue as to when I ovulated. Perhaps it might be worth trying charting, you can pick up a basal thermometer from Boots for around £10/£15 and the is a lot of info on the subject (as well as a way to chart online) here.

I notice you said that the doctor will be sending you both for tests, sometimes they like you to chart your temps just so they can check that ovulation is occurring. Best of luck to you and your wife :D

Hi,

I have had two late periods this year, one was 5 days late and the other one was 6 days late. There was no reason for this it just happened. A pregnancy test "should" show 4 days before her period but almost always the day her period was due. Buy a clearblue digitial, this will tell you for sure. And yes it is possible she ovulated late and therefore her period will be late also. Good luck.

Hi and welcome

I have not got much more advice as the ladies have already said a lot but just to add that the first morning urine (FMU) is the best time to take tests as they are more likely to pick up the hormones.

Good luck to you both :hug: :hug:

:wave: hiya and welcome

some people tend to be regular as clockwork and then for no apparent reason just get a cycle completely different and you then convince your self youare pregnant. i hope it does turn out to be a BFP (big fat positive) for you and your wife xx if not see you around here :hug:

just thought i'd let you know.

unfortunately, it was not be his time. Period came 7-8 days late, like some of you predicted.

oh well, there's always next month!

ender4 said:
just thought i'd let you know.

unfortunately, it was not be his time. Period came 7-8 days late, like some of you predicted.

oh well, there's always next month!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back