No imunity to rubella!

jazzy2

Reaction score
Hi guys i got the results from my first blood test today and they showed that i have no imunity to rubella. my options were to carry on trying regardless or go ahead and have the vacine however i will not be able to try for at least 3 months. we've already been trying for almost 2 years so it feels like quite a set back.

has anybody else experienced this and how common is rubella these days? xx

Last edited:
Oh i'm really sorry Jazzy, what a nightmare :hug:

I think that you should get immunised before continuing to ttc :(

You have to try and think of the long term.

At the very least 3% of the population are not immune, and those are people that had had the vaccine! (it doesn't always work)

Then add all the people that have not had the vaccine and the risk is just too great considering the horrendous damage it can cause your baby.

It is an airborn virus too, so very contageous which is why we are vaccinated against it in the first place.

Plus, it will be a risk every single time you get pregnant... better to nip it in the bud.

One of my friends who needed IVF discovered she wasn't immune and they delayed her treatment by 6 months.

Last edited:
I agree with Lou. God forbid anything like that should happen to your long awaited bean.

I for some reason was not immune to rubella on my last baby but was on the one before. i was fine but got the injection the day after she was born. its up to you really hun weather you are willing to take the risk or not x

thankx guys ive decided to go ahead and have it, i'm booked in for monday. After waiting god knows how long i'd never forgive myself if somthing went wrong it was just a bit of a blow when i found out but i know it'll be for the best in the long run. now just hope the rest of our test results can shed some light on things xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back