Rubella

mandspice

Reaction score
Hi Mums,

I wondered if anyone else went through pregnancy with the same thing and whether it caused any problems - I got a letter from the hospital yesterday saying my blood tests show I'll need a Rubella jab after I give birth......but I had one after my miscarriage in September! I assume this means it didn't work.......trying to get hold of my doc but no answers yet.

I know the risk of birth defects decreases after the first tri but it's still a worry - the only advice I can find is to "stay away from people who may have German Measles"! Easily done then...??!

xxx

sorry i cant help. hav u asked why u need another jab, do they kno u already hav one? :think:

Thanks - no, I can't get hold of anyone and the silly receptionists at my doctors stress me out so will wait til my appointment next week and see what they say x

I didn't have my rubella as a teenager (only as a toddler) but before getting pregnant with Isaac I went for a blood test to check I was 'covered' and I was, and as far as I know, once you have the antibodies, you have the antibodies, as far as I'm aware theres no need for a 'booster', but thats just my personal experience, if they've said you'll need it then there must be a reason, it must not have 'worked' for you in September? :think: You'll have to post and let us know what happens, I wouldn't worry too much, ask them to explain it all to you on the day, and I hope you come away feeling relaxed and happy too :hug:

I hope this link helps reassure you, and there is a bit about if you were vaccinated now; :hug:
"If by any chance you were vaccinated in the early weeks of pregnancy before you knew you were pregnant, try not to worry too much. The likelihood that your baby will have been harmed is very remote. Your midwife or GP will recommend an ultrasound at 18 weeks to have a close look at your baby and hopefully, give you some reassurance."

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/a ... h/rubella/

Thank you :hug:

Trying not to worry about it as nothing can be done...and it wouldn't surprise me if the surgery had made a mistake! I'll let you know how I get on next week x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back