No heartbeat??

cristie_gce

Reaction score
Please tell me your stories if you know any that involve something similar to this. My Sis-in-law went for a u/s today and the dr. said from the size of the baby she was 8 wks, but she couldn't find a heartbeat! They sent her for bloodwork and she has to wait until Wednesday for another scan. I am trying to get her to think positive. If you know any similar stories, please tell me so I can share them with her tonight. She is so upset. She though she was 4 wks further along that this. :(

I dont think you can detect it at that stage. Certainly, a sac will be there but i dont think you will get the heartbeat for a few weeks.
Sorry she is feeling so down, its nice she has you to rely on to help.

hi i had similar but i thought i was 8 weeks and baby was only 6 it had heartbeat but they said this wasnt that normal and a week later i misscarried dont wana put downer on tjings but i would push for scan tomo fingers crossed for her xx

i seen Diors heart beat at 6weeks? im sure it was if not i no i defo seen it at 8week my scans were internal?. sorry hunni dont want to give negitive comments. i went for my scan at 12weeks and there was a 12week baby inside me but with no heart beat, i no what she is going through, must be so hard

fingers crossed its all ok

keep us updated

I was told that you could detect most heartbeats at 6 weeks but not always. So there is hope!
In my case though I had a slight bleed and a scan and the baby was showing as 6 weeks but by my calculations I should have been 9 weeks so I just knew, they made me wait 2 weeks to see if it had grown but it didn't.
I had a missed miscarriage.
But if your sister has had no pain or bleeding then that is definately a good sign. :pray:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for her.

Thank you ladies. I'll update you tomorrow as soon as I know something. Her scan was vaginal and she'll have another done tomorrow. It would drive me crazy having to wait 2 days before knowing if your baby is well or not!! I first appt is Thursday and this ordeal has really got me and DH worried. :?

Sending some hugs!! Hope it all turns out ok!! :pray: :pray:

Emilia xx

I was sent for my 1st scan at what we thought was when I was 3 months, turns out I was only 6 weeks and all I could see was the pulsating of the heartbeat and no outline of a bean :think:

Oh gosh - I'm so sorry to hear that I'm sure you are giving her all the love she needs x

really sorry to her athat, hugs for you and ur friend:) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back