No epidural for 3rd baby?

brn1990

Reaction score
With my first two babies, my epidurals worked for 15 minutes max and then wore off completely. The anesthesiologist said my “space” is too tight and the catheter slips out. I could move both legs and walk without help soon after their births, so I’m sure it was fairly “natural.” With my 3rd, I’m debating not even trying the epidural. They scare me, give me tons of anxiety, and then don’t even work in my case. However, just knowing I’ll be electing natural childbirth kind of makes me nervous as well, and what if the catheter happens to stay in place the third time around? Has anyone had this experience and chose to not get an epidural with a baby? Any major differences? Recommendations? Thank you all!

With my first I didn't want an epidural because I was scared of the side effects. It's intense but then I was so happy when I held her in my arms, I was proud I did it completely drug free. I did follow some prenatal breathing classes with the OH and he helped so much! When there were times I couldn't bare the pain anymore and he would help me focus again. I would highly recommend it!
I would try without an epidural this time as this is your third and it will go quite quickly! If not, you don't get any extra mommy points! But being prepared will help mentally and physically! Good luck!x

I had an epidural which fell out on top of several other complications on the day that I could never have expected. Would I have an epidural with another baby? No as tbh it just left me with no sensation for pushing but no pain relief either. I really shouldn't have bothered and in hindsight I'd have been better off without it.

Never had one. Wish i had. My labour pain caused me post traumatic stress for a short period after

I think go in with a open mind...I decided to hold out as long as I could bear with my two and just as it started to get intense it was time to push and they were out a few minutes later. I was pleased I held out but that said, I kept an open mind both times and would have took some pain relief had it dragged on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back