No communication between Consultant, MW and me...

shadow

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this?

Over the last fortnight I have been to my local hospital 8 times, for monotring. I had high BP twice (135/95, not exactly super raised) and was eventually reffered to the consultant (after about a week). I've had two consultant appointments, and twice i've left feeling very confused. The consultant never tells me whats going on, nor does he seem to explain anything to the midwives, e.g

Went on thurs for 2nd consultant app, i'd experienced agonising pains in my left side night before (so much so i thought they might be contractions, apart from the fact they were constant, and not coming in waves), and told consultant. I had ++ in my urine, and with the pain localised to my left side and back the cons thought it might be a kidney infection. Asked me to come back to the maternity ward today to get my results and give another sample. Phoned the ward today, and they knew nothing about it. Cons said to me that if there was no infection, and i was still getting pain (which i have been) that i need 24hr urine monitoring. Went to the ward, they told me everything was fine, no infection- and sent me home! So i've been having these pains and I have NO idea what they are. Pllus my next cons app is a week thurs, which is 2 days after i'm due. I mentioned this to cons, and he said "yes thats fine!", maybe for him but not me! :x

I've gone from being up the hospital every other day, to being left all alone! :shock:

I find all of this so confusing. I appreciate all the monitoring they have given me, but now feel slightly abandoned.

Baby is only 3/5 engaged, and I feel like he's never going to come, I know i still have 9 days left, but my god these last few weeks have been the longest of my life!

That's not so good hun, why don't you make an appointment with your regular MW and see if she can shed some light on the subject? Also I would voice your concerns about the lack of communication :rotfl:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think jendav might have meant to put a hug - I often hit the wrong emoticon

:hug: :hug:
poor you! sounds like you've been through it a bit! I hate it when people don't let others know what's happening! try complaining a bit and defiantely get them to tell you what's going on!

Also wanted to add that the quote in your signature always makes me smile :)

i think i've replied to u about this before hun, i feel the same, when i go into hosp for high bp the midwives are telling me to prepare for an early induction, then the consultant says no, i need to be on medication...then bp goes down and i end up with neither!!!
I'm dreading my next appt on weds...more mixed messages!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I have no idea why you have been left like that- I was admitted to hospital on Thursday for less symptoms than you are displaying. My bp was at a similar level to yours. I would go back to the maternity ward or day unit and ask them either to contact the consultant or to monitor your bp and urine over a more extended period. They may be convinced that you are fine, but you are obviously not. The protein, raised bp and the pain could all be conincidental but they are all possible symptoms of pre-eclampsia and need to be carefully monitored.

Good luck :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

So sorry to hear about your experience Shadow :hug:

As the others have said that if you still feel any pains I would follow it.

Hope it all goes well. Not long until you can hold your baby. Keep us posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back