Last consultant appt and growth scan

kanga86

Reaction score
So yesterday I had a growth scan to make sure lil Roo was growing well, because I have a high bmi they are worried he is going to get too big! But he is still proving them wrong and measuring on target :dance: my lil man is currently weighing at 5lb 6oz, which is apparently just below average, he also has short legs lol

At my follow up consultant appointment today I was told everything is coming up normal, growth scans, GTT, BP and urine all fine. So I asked him if I could go on the midwife led ward at our hospital rather than the consultant led ward. AND he said YES :dance: he said it was up to me but to be aware that there are risks involved with being overweight in labour, but because the wards are only down the corridor from each other if anything arises I can be easily moved!

I am just so happy that I could actually have my water birth that I wanted :D I know that if I have to be induced or if anything changes between now an then tha I could still end up on the consultant ward, but knowing I have the choice to labour naturally has cheered me up no end :D xxx

How many weeks are u??? I was only allowed one growth scanxxx

I'm 35+4 weeks. I had two growth scans, one at 28+3 and one yesterday. Xx

YAY that is fantastic news Kanga I am so pleased for you :)

and I am so pleased you are getting the birth you wanted as well xxxxx

Thats not a bad weight for 35weeks is it?
I had 2 growth scans one @ 28weeks he weighed 3lbs 4oz & at 33weeks exactly he weighed 5lbs 9oz hes a big baby

wonder what he weighs now...I'll find out in 5days lol x

Last edited:
Awwww that's brilliant news!! Little roo will prove them all wrong!! X

thats great news hunny,so pleased for you :) xxx

i had growth scans at 28, 30, 34, 36 and 38 plus scans in between those to check placenta blood flow and waters, think it just depends on ur circumstances and ur consultant to how many scans you get xxx

Aww that's brilliant news Kanga. Fx for the water birth ur wanting xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Woooo for water birth, yay!! :pompom:

Last edited:
Thank u everyone for ur lovely messages :D

YAY that is fantastic news Kanga I am so pleased for you :)

and I am so pleased you are getting the birth you wanted as well xxxxx

Thank u Bella, it is only because of reading ur story that has made me brave enough to question them about being midwife led. So I have u to thank :love:

Thats not a bad weight for 35weeks is it?
I had 2 growth scans one @ 28weeks he weighed 3lbs 4oz & at 33weeks exactly he weighed 5lbs 9oz hes a big baby

wonder what he weighs now...I'll find out in 5days lol x

Roo measured 2lbs 7oz at 28+4 weeks, so still good weights. What I meant is on the graph plot, he comes up under the average line. I think he is a lovely weight for 35 weeks :)

Yay for only 5 days til u meet ur lil boy :) I wonder how much he will weigh, maybe 9lbs?!

Xxx

that's great news kanga glad your little one is fine and is proving them all wrong :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back