NIPT test opinions please

Foxy24

Reaction score
Hi ladies we really need some opinions.

We finally had our 12 week dating scan date come through for next Wednesday, the 13th. However by then I will be 14+4 so to late to have the usual combined test done for downs and Edwards syndrome. The hospital has said that they can do a quadruple test that will tell us the result for Down's syndrome but not for Edwards. From what iv read we would need to wait for a scan between 18 and 21 weeks to find anything out about Edwards syndrome and I think that is only to see if the baby isn't growing right on the screen.

We can't make up our minds on wether to just wait for the NHS tests or pay £400 for a NIPT test which we could have done tomorrow that will give us the results for all the tests. It's so much money but we also done feel like we can relax if we have to wait so long for the other results.

What would you do?

Thanks in advance x

Hey, i think it all depends on what you would do given the outcome of the tests.

If the result wasn't the one you were hoping for, would that change how you felt about the pregnancy? If so, then considering the screening is worth it. If not, it seems like a waste of money.

Everybody is different though, and everyone's circumstances are different, this is just my opinion. Others may feel differently!

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I agree with copterpops, how will you feel if the test comes back not how you want? And what would you do? X

Thanks for your replies. We've decided to go for it and our app is at 6:10 today. Down's syndrome wouldn't bother us but the other conditions would. Personally we wouldn't want to put our selves and the baby through something like Edwards syndrome.

Fx everything will be ok and looking forward to seeing our little one later :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back