Nightfeeds Chat Thread

Hope you get her back down fliss, Henry is never a fan of going back in his basket more than twice, after that we just cosleep because I can't face the battle and would rather sleep!!

I can't quite believe it tonight...Henry did 5 whole hours 11:45-4:45!!! Ahhhh this has never happened before. He woke up at 3:15 I remember but he went back to sleep...I have no idea how or why because I was half asleep ahhhh I don't think I got out of bed, just remember looking at the time and thinking 3 and a half hours was pretty good.

*Touch wood* Ruby seems to of dropped one of her night feeds, been few days since she needed one. As a general rule she is finished with her last feed of night by 11pm and then doesn't want another until 4.30am! :D

She tends to wake a little at around 1am but she doesn't cry she just chats to herself so I have started leaving her unless she cries and she ends up falling back to sleep after couple of minutes :) xx

Well done Fliss and BeeSmall - good sleeps! H16 glad you've managed to drop s night feed!

We've had real regression tonight, after having stretches of 4 and 6 hours in recent weeks, tonight it's been back to the early days of 1.5 hours! In 2 occasions she was just crying in her sleep (anyone know why this happens?) and dropped back off after a cuddle.

Thought we were getting somewhere with night sleeps :( not looking forward to dealing with nights like this over Xmas - we're away at our families for a total of a week! :(

Glad to hear some ladies and babies having a good stretch of sleep last night. I finished feeding Vi at about 1:40 and she woke up at 7. Man, that's almost sociable hours! Feeling very fortunate ;) xxx

Last night his first stretch was 5 hours, tonight it is 2?! Aghhh so tired!!

Fab night here woohoo - last bf at midnight as was too hungry to wait for bottle (wasn't sure my supply would be great) and she slept til 4.30!! Just a shame I'm on the sofa as thought if she does have reflux she's better in her chair!! I'm still insure if colic as she did her usual screaming at 11pm and had also slept flat on me during the day. So confused ha ha :)

It's quiet here so hope you all had a good night.

Dotty - fab sleep there!! Be small hope you get some kip x

LD that's a brilliant stretch of sleep, hope it becomes a regular thing. We had a horrendous night after such a good one the night before....thought we might be getting somewhere but obviously not!!

Another stint from 5ish after her last feed. Thought she was waking so she's had meds and now asleep again.

I've told hubby not to get used to it as like you say beesmall it's good and bad nights x

Hoping for a better night. My boobs don't seem to be cutting it for jess all of a sudden. She fed every 90 mins last night and fussed and pecked from 4.30, ended up giving her formula out of desparation at 6.30 and then she slept for 2 hours. Had a similar day today, looking like we're going to need another top up soon as I am running empty again.
Going to get some domperidone tomorrow and try that to increase my supply. Tried EVERYTHING else, including on demand 90min feeding for 3 days now, relaxation techniques, pumping, compression... arrrggg!

Have you tried co-bathing fliss? I used to do this with H when he was in that feed cycle. Just do bedtime "routine" however you usually do, but get in the bath together & feed her in the bath, it helps the milk flow & should relax her. Get OH to stick around so he can keep topping up the water though!

Just a suggestion anyway hun, goodluck for tonight x

Thanks for the suggestion, we did this tonight and do it most nights since I read somewhere it might help supply. It def helps her settle a bit, so its a good tactic.

Fliss is she putting weight on ok? Henry was exactly like this until about 9 weeks but it was just classic cluster feeding and HV said it was totally normal and although it felt like I wasn't producing enough milk, I obviously was because his weight gain was good. I found it so hard though, he'd never nap, just seemed to feed constantly for most of the day and night!! X

No, we've had issues with weight gain, only just gettinv back to birth weight by 4 weeks, starting to pick up a little now. We are only getting one poo every 2 days as well. Wet nappies ok but I def need more milk to get things on track. Poor baby is constantly munching on her hand and miserable. She was the happiest I've seenher after a top up, all smiles. I used the medela bottle so she sstill had to suck.
If I try to express, most I get is 20 or 30 mls

Oh no sounds like you've had a crappy time! Sorry I didn't realise :-(

Sorry your still having issues fliss :( have you seen a lactation consultant or someone who can maybe give a bit more advice? X

I've seen the LC twice. Latch is good and they say I'm making enough but after a few hrs feeding my boobs are def done for! Last ditch for me will be some domperidone. If that doesn't work its combination for me!!!

I ebfed for 9 weeks then combi fed til 5 months hun. Just needed to be done, because I also had issues with milk supply, don't ever feel guilty. The LC said to me that even 1oz of bm a day is soo precious!

Your doing so well hun, I'm practically all bottle now :( the screaming at night caused me to wonder if was hunger and added to not knowing what's up so I find it easier to know what she's getting and can cancel out the hunger reason for crying (always put her on boob but never sure how much was there) x

Yippee! Never thought I'd be so pleased to be woken at 2am. Got Jess down asleep in cot by 8.30. I've been prescribed domperidone for milk supply and 3 days in, what a massive difference. Now going 3 hours in day beteeen feeds too. My boobs are finally working!! :lol: Next step is to drop the top ups, using 4oz per day in 2 feeds. Hopefully I'll be able to express if can't drop them though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back