Nightfeeds Chat Thread

Gone backwards tonight. Having got jess down to sleep in the cot by 8.30 with new bedtime routine, shes been up from 11.30 til 2, and 3.15 until now, arg!!! Won't settle but falls asleep on boob :wall2:

Not having too bad a night so far! Went down at 10:50- slept until 1;45 had a feed, went down at 2:10- woke at 4:34 and had a nappy change- currently feeding but keeps pulling off so think she wants comfort rather than milk- me and the bed are now soaked in milk :( lol x

Great news about your supply Fliss! Sorry to hear last night wasn't great but good to know things are on the up!

Glad your nights are getting better too loopylou. Our bed sheets are routinely covered in milk too! Never changed them so often! Xx

Thanks chloe, how's things for you?
I've been delighted to leak on the bed sheets and have proudly bought breast pads :lol:

So tired today, she just won't give into a nap :shock:

Poomaggedon hasn't helped, she's traumatised I think but hoping when she realises its better we get a break.

Haha fliss welcome to the world of wet bed sheets :) I spoke a bit too soon last night as she was very restless after 5! Ended up stating in bed until 11- oops lol! X

Is anyone left on this thread with an older baby? Honestly my LO is a sodding nightmare sleeper I feel like such a failure because of it :-(
And if one more person tells me to co-sleep, I'll scream. If she's not going to sleep, why do people think putting her in my bed will make any difference! Argh!

Henry is 3 and a half months and we're still around, usually up every 90mins/2 hours. He did a 4 and a half hour stretch tonight...the one sodding night I stayed up with hubby so only slept for 2 hours anyway! Agh. I know what you mean about feeling like a failure, I totally feel like I'm doing something wrong here :-(

I think in terms of co-sleeping it doesn't make them sleep anymore, it just means you can feed lying down and not fully wake up iykwim. I'm not sure whether I prefer it, Henry seems to wake up more when he's in with us and just snacks on the boob all night!! I only have him in because there is NO way he'll settle in his basket after a second wake up and I can't be doing with the battle.

Sending you hugs hun, it's bloody hard work hearing about everyone else's sleeping babies at this age, we'll get there! (When they're about 6!) xxx

You're not failures at all. Hannah sleeps better next to me sometimes and I think it's the body heat helping her congestion as her nose wakes her up a lot. But cosleeping isn't a fix all and doesn't work for everyone obv.
Some babies seem to sleep 10-12 hours easily and some barely sleep at all. It's a total mystery. We're somewhere in the middle usually which I'm forever grateful for.
If there was a solution we'd all know about it. Fx one day Mollie and Henry just suddenly start sleeping through ladies xxxxxxxx

I think a lot Of it is to do with the individual child as my sister ha 2 children- one of which never slept much until 18 months and the other slept through from 10 weeks and she treated them both the same! X

Yay, 5 hours to this point, lets see if it can continue tonight.
Dh has made an ingenious attachment to the cot which makes it bounce :lol: This is amazing at getting her off to sleep or it was earlier...

For 2 nights in a row we've had a 5 hour stretch to begin the night, about bloody time Henry!! Feel so much better for it. Pleaseeee don't let it be a fluke!!

Fliss, sounds like all that milk is really helping Jessica sleep!!

Not exactly amazing hut happy with 2.5 to this point and its all been in her cot :)

Spoof tired! Lo refused to go to sleep until 1am then woke at 1:55- had a feed and slept 2-4:40 had a nappy change and just had a feed and I'm hoping and praying she goes back down as I have to go out for an appointment at 10ish and oh back at work :( xx

Hope things got better for you Lou. They seem to know when you've got something on in the day??? We had a brilliant night, and I woke up this morning to a lovely big smile at 9am - lush! :dance:

Well tonight started off a lot better! Lo slept 11:30-2:35, went to sleep at 3 and has just woken up very restless kickin her arms and legs about and grunting loudly- tried to resettle her with dummy and slumber buddie but she was having none of it so currently feeding- hoping she will go straight back down after xx

We've just had a breakthrough! Only one feed at 3-4, slept from 11, then awake 7.30, we've had a cheeky family lie in as hubby still on hols :)

Now I'm jealous of you fliss! She was awake pretty much hourly from 5 and needed a poo so was crying as it kept waking her up! Oh well got no plans today so might stay snuggled in bed for a bit! X

Yey Fliss that's great. After 2 days of Henry starting with a 5 hour stretch, we were back to 2 hourly wake ups last night *sigh*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back