Night wakings

AnnaR2B

Reaction score
hi girls, I know this has probably been posted countless times, but I'm at a loss as to what to do. Ted was an amazing sleeper till he hit his 4 month growth spurt, which also coincided with the start of teething, since then he wakes crying 3/4 sometimes 5 times a night.
I really don't want to moan as he is so good all day and he goes down no problem, iknow other people have it so much worse ( which is why I haven't posted till now) but now 4 months of broken sleep are really taking their toll!
To top it all I'm back to work next week which is going to make it even harder!
So I'm just looking for advice I guess, I'm presuming it's teething that's waking him? His bottom 2 are through and top 2 are just about to cut, he still seems to need his dummy, and often when he wakes crying, this will soothe him.
I did try weaning dummy off him as I thought the waking were down to it falling out of his mouth, but he got a cold, needed it for comfort and I caved.
So do I get up, put his dummy in 5 times a night, do I let him cry, does this pass.... Any advice gratefully received.... :hug:

I have had exactly the same thing so big :hug: :hug:

I think Emms is starting to come out the other end now, but I have managed by co-sleeping and attempting some controlled crying. I have been back to work part-time since she was 5.5 months. I thought she was teething but we have no teeth yet! Sometimes it's hard to tell. I'm not sure what to advise as it hasnt been easy for us but sometimes you have to do what will help you survive! Maybe you and OH could decide what approach would be best for you both - hope things settle :hug: :hug:

snap....we're going through exactly the same thing :(

Iz goes down no probs, and sleeps really well, then all of a sudden she'll just wake up and start crying hysterically. A few times we've even had to resort to giving her a bottle just to calm her down because we've both been so knackered we'd do anything to get back to bed.

I reckon it must be the teething :x Some nights she'll sleep through, othe nights she'll wake once ofr twice, then when its really bad she'll be up crying every few hours, and thendecide that she wants to get out of bed at 4.30 in the morning.

I ould cope with the wakings if she would just let us comfort her and settle her again, but sometimes she just screams and screams :(

bloody teeth. I can *just* about see one under her bottom gum , so i think thats the little bugger thats giving gher all the trouble. I just want some sleep :( :sleep:

Ive got no advice because i actually dont have a clue what im doing myself :lol: I cant let her cry though, it breaks my heart. She such a good little soul the rest of the time that it takes A LOT for her to be that upset so i have to just go and look after her. Im sure i almost fell asleep while i was standing up holding her the other night at about 3am :?

Well, im off to bed myself now anyway.

Good luck with your sleep tonight xxx

my son went through a simular stage of crying maybe not as many as five times, but at certain periods in the night to put his dummy back in. i think he was 7 months :think: it did pass. when he wakes up and knows its gone he'll find it himself now and pop it back in!

He does still wake in the night occasionally :wall: he woke at 1, 2 and half 6 last night. i had to give in and give him a bottle at 2 coz he couldnt settle himself :roll: really dont want to get in that habit again! hes 1 next month :shakehead:

I'm about the end of my tether with this too and I'm almost certain it's teething. She's been waking in the night again for a couple of months but it got worse. We had a week where she was horrendous - red faced, grumpy, clingy, wouldn't sleep, woke every hour in the night and ended up in bed with us every night for the whole night. Then a tooth appeared. We had a day and a bit where she was wonderful and slept 7pm-6am not waking once and it's gradually built up to horribleness again. She woke every hour between going to bed at 7.30pm last night and OH going to bed at 10 and then ended up in bed with us all night again.

I'm soooo knackered, they say the newborn bit is hard? :(

I know it seems just like when he was a newborn! He was a bit better last night, but his top teeth are definitely coming through so maybe???
Also daftscotslass :lol: sorry don't know your name, i bought that book u guys were talking about 'The wonder weeks' and it says that nightmares are quite common.
Suppose all we have to keep thinking ladies is....it will pass...even if it is 1/2 years!!!!! :rotfl:
PS - Midna...good to see u back :hug:

AnnaR2B said:
I i bought that book u guys were talking about 'The wonder weeks' and it says that nightmares are quite common.
:

are they? :cry: See i reckon Iz has had nightmares before...but when ive mentioned it to anyone the just sort of give me a weird look and say something like "what could she possibly be having nightmares about" and that she's just a baby so she doesnt know enough about anything to have nightmares and blah blah blah, but just the way she is sometimes when she wakes up, like she's proper scared :cry:

Me too!! :hug:

Baillie slept through the night for the first 4 consecutive nights last week! I was so excited, thought we had cracked it! This week top two teeth started to poke through! She has been waking 3-4 times. I think there might be a growth spurt going on as well coz when she rouses she's taking a bottle each time :roll:

Poor souls x x x

Kim x x x

THERE IS HOPE LADIESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Izzie slept through the night! ALL NIGHT BABY, YEAH!

Her tooth has finally broken through the gum, and last night she slept from 7am until 6.50am :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I cant believe it. i really hope its not a fluke, Ive had a full nights sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!! :cheer: :cheer:

Good luck to everyone! xxxxxxxxxxxxx

aw nice one Sarah...hope it rubs off!! Good girl izzy!!! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back