sleeping through-coincidence?

AnnaR2B

Reaction score
Ted used to sleep from 8-5am from the age of 8 weeks till about 16 weeks, then suddenly he started waking 2/3 times a night. For the past month, it seemed to get worse, he'd wake crying about 4 times, but i'd pop his dummy in and back to sleep - however this was getting me down, as he's in his own room, so 'popping his dummy in' was actually a trip to his room...needless to say the broken sleep was getting to me. :wall:

So i wondered about weaning him off the dummy, i think i read that coreysmummy had the same problem (hope i'm right) and she inspired me to give it a go, the first day night was hell, but its got better and better...although he does still have it in the day as its the only thing that will soothe his teething (he chews it!). But at night... no dummy :cheer:
He only woke 2 times, cried a little but settled himself.

Then for the past 3 days i put Ted on follow on milk (aptimil 3), and AT BLIMMING LAST he has slept right through..no peep out of him till 7am!!!! :dance: :dance:

So i've had a week of pretty good sleep and OMG do i feel better!!!! :cheer:

So don't know whether its co-incidence but the follow on milk seemed to help? Just thought i'd share! :hug: :hug:

Yay...still working ..sort of, he did wake at 5am last night, but whined for a minute and went back to sleep. I'm convinced its the lack of dummy rather than the follow on milk now!! :cheer: :cheer:

Really :think:
I want us to give up the dummy but I'm scared it will all go wrong! We may have to be brave and give it a go!

Woooooooohoooo!! :D

Im gald I could be of some assistance. Yes, you are correct Hun, we were having the same problem! Now 7 til 7 no problem... I have hurd him wake, wimper and fuss, but goes back to sleep - Infact I dont even know if hes woken up, could be doing it in his sleep.

It really wasnt that bad was it!!

I do hope it continues for you, and anyone else that wants to try - go for it. Its really not as awful as you'd think, i'll always be here for support too!! :hug:

Well Done Anna!! xxx

Have had a couple of glitches...a 3am screaming fit last night, but he has got his first cold, so i'm hoping its that. Now, just going to work on ditching the dummy in the day :doh: :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back