Its not funny anynmore!

MissThing

Reaction score
Hi girls!

Just having a major grumble! Dont even expect any replies!

Daniel is more then 6 months old and he isnt anywhere near to sleeping throught!

Good night is when we feed him at 11pm, then he wakes up few times for a dummy and goes back to sleep, and wakes up ready for the day at 6.30am!

Bad night: feed at 11pm, wakes up for the dummy, 1am-crying, needs a small feed, wakes up few times for the dummy, 4.30-wakes up-grumbles, 4.55-wakes up for dummy, 5.10-wakes up for dummy, 5.25-wakes up for dummy, 5.45-wakes up for dummy, 6.00am-is ready for the day!

Or, version nr2: feed at 11pm, wakes up for the dummy few times, 3am-wakes up and just talks and needs dummy, basically stays awake till 5am, falls asleep till 6.30 and ready for the day.

Agrrrrrrrrrrr! Its just driving me nuts! He is well on solids, sleeps alone (well in the beginning, then when the grumbling starts either me or DH goes and sleeps in his room :wall: ). He had a cast on his leg because of his club foot, well, now the cast is off, yesterday we even went swimming for the first time and he was jumping for good half an hour before his bath,so it is not like he is doing nothing to get him tired.

Just fed up! And it is not funny anymore! :wall: :cry: :evil:

Aww Carina, we have to do dummy runs during the night so your not alone there, sometimes it will only be once and some other times it will be 5 or 6 times.

The only different with AMber is we have dropped her 11pm feed, she goes to bed by 6.30 and thats it for 12 hours, is Daniel awake until 11 or asleep then wakes up for feed? I am just trying to remember how we dropped this bottle and i think we just started giving less and less and putting to bed earlier and earlier until we eventually got to 6.30 took a good few weeks though.

amzhunny said:
Aww Carina, we have to do dummy runs during the night so your not alone there, sometimes it will only be once and some other times it will be 5 or 6 times.

The only different with AMber is we have dropped her 11pm feed, she goes to bed by 6.30 and thats it for 12 hours, is Daniel awake until 11 or asleep then wakes up for feed? I am just trying to remember how we dropped this bottle and i think we just started giving less and less and putting to bed earlier and earlier until we eventually got to 6.30 took a good few weeks though.

He goes to bed at 6.30 or 7.00 with no problems and sleeps till 11pm. We usually dreamfeeding him, but sometimes he manages to wake up earlier and then cries for the bottle. We just thought if we dreamfeed him eventually we will be able to drop a bottle.

Hi Carina,
I know EXACTLY what you are going through. Last night was quite typical: go to bed at 7.30 really tired, wakes up at 11pm apparently starving. That would normally set her up for the night but now it doesn't work. She woke at 1am, 2.45 wide awake until 4. Then slept til 5 and then up at 6am. She is so tired. She looks pale and has red eyes. She went back to sleep from 9am til 11am.

She is teething - two bottom coming through, but surely it isn't normal to be awake the entire night every night?

I tried leaving her to cry and settle herself - didn't work. Very hard to do that at 3am anyway in a flat...

She always puts herself to sleep in the evening and through the day but after midnight it all goes wrong.

Feel really sorry for OH. He has to leave at 5am and was also awake nearly all night.
SO so sorry Carina. It is horrible.

newmum said:
Hi Carina,
I know EXACTLY what you are going through. Last night was quite typical: go to bed at 7.30 really tired, wakes up at 11pm apparently starving. That would normally set her up for the night but now it doesn't work. She woke at 1am, 2.45 wide awake until 4. Then slept til 5 and then up at 6am. She is so tired. She looks pale and has red eyes. She went back to sleep from 9am til 11am.

She is teething - two bottom coming through, but surely it isn't normal to be awake the entire night every night?

I tried leaving her to cry and settle herself - didn't work. Very hard to do that at 3am anyway in a flat...

She always puts herself to sleep in the evening and through the day but after midnight it all goes wrong.

Feel really sorry for OH. He has to leave at 5am and was also awake nearly all night.
SO so sorry Carina. It is horrible.

I know hun :hug: Will they ever sleep throught!!??
I know, maybe lots of mums will disagree, but one night we even tried Calpol night to make him go to sleep :oops: (After 11pm). It really helped, he just woke up few times for a dummy (not 52 times). And before someone judges, 6 months with no sleep is a bit too much for anybody.(even more if you take last pregnancy months). As I said, it helped, but not much, he still didnt sleep througth, so havent done it again.

a dreamfeed is better than daniel being awake...so look at that as a positive.

Hopefully he will just grow out of needing the bottle, will he take anymore during the day? Amber is on 3 bottles of 7 oz's now as well as 3 solid meals, just a suggestion. You may find that as his solid food increased and he starts eating like meals he may not need the last bottle.

hope it gets better for you hun

I KNO HOW THAT FEELS! LOL! i cant help sorry, things only got better for us after millie's first tooth cut (co-incided with moving from breast to formula milk also- im not sure which it was really)
i only hope it gets better for u too. :hug:

i must say, tho- we got so used to all the nite crying, when there wasnt anything actually wrong with her- that we are more tough now- so if we're sure the cry is just a whinge and not a proper business cry, we just leave her to it and she stops after a while- idk if thats helped improve things also? :think:

good luck!

newmum said:

Oh hun, it is normal, well Oran does it when teething so I presume its normal as I know my friends LO did as well. Oran didnt do it on his 1st, did on his 2nd to 7th and his last one his 8th hasnt been so bad.

This is a teething nights sleep for oran 8pm bed - 8pm - 12pm disturbed sleep but no proper waking, just dummy back in and back off. 12-2am wake for 10 min, sleep for 15 min etc, 2am-5am awake, 5am - 6 or 7am sleep 7am (latest) up!

Its a nightmare. we have found doing the following helps, baby olbus oil around his cot (this is cause he gets cold when teething), baby vix on chest, Ashton Parsons teething saschet and one 5ml dose of Medised - that usually puts him on 8pm-2am solid sleep then at 2am, more medised and teethin powder and that basicall helps him to drift in and out till 6am - better than what was happening before.

Oh and Catrini, dont feel bad for giving calpol to help him sleep - Ive done it but noticed the same as you, helped a little but not enough!

jennywren said:
newmum said:

Oh hun, it is normal, well Oran does it when teething so I presume its normal as I know my friends LO did as well. Oran didnt do it on his 1st, did on his 2nd to 7th and his last one his 8th hasnt been so bad.

This is a teething nights sleep for oran 8pm bed - 8pm - 12pm disturbed sleep but no proper waking, just dummy back in and back off. 12-2am wake for 10 min, sleep for 15 min etc, 2am-5am awake, 5am - 6 or 7am sleep 7am (latest) up!

Its a nightmare. we have found doing the following helps, baby olbus oil around his cot (this is cause he gets cold when teething), baby vix on chest, Ashton Parsons teething saschet and one 5ml dose of Medised - that usually puts him on 8pm-2am solid sleep then at 2am, more medised and teethin powder and that basicall helps him to drift in and out till 6am - better than what was happening before.

Thanks Jennywren - you made my day :) I was just 'going with' all the waking because I knew there were teeth coming - but then lots of 'helpful' people eg. MIL started making me feel like it wasn't normal. She even said that I was spoiling her and would have problems later on, by going to her in the night when she was crying etc. But the good thing is that the two teeth cut through yesterday and today she woke up smiling and much happier. She only woke three times in the night too. THANKS so much - next time teeth are coming I will ignore all the silly comments and not worry about it. :hug:

newmum said:
jennywren said:
newmum said:

Thanks Jennywren - you made my day :) I was just 'going with' all the waking because I knew there were teeth coming - but then lots of 'helpful' people eg. MIL started making me feel like it wasn't normal. She even said that I was spoiling her and would have problems later on, by going to her in the night when she was crying etc. But the good thing is that the two teeth cut through yesterday and today she woke up smiling and much happier. She only woke three times in the night too. THANKS so much - next time teeth are coming I will ignore all the silly comments and not worry about it. :hug:

replied to your PM :hug: :wink:

Midna - she's been like it since January. :( For the first three months she only woke once a night but went to bed at 11pm.

She started teething at 10 weeks old - not cutting them but you could see that they had moved into the gums - and then she started waking like this.

I used MIL's latest comment as a new reason why I don't want to go round for a while :) Last time we were there, LO was SO SO tired but MIL didn't believe me :roll: and when she started rubbing her eyes said that maybe she had something in them that was irritating them :roll: :roll: :roll:

newmum said:
LOL @ your MIL ...why do they think they know your baby better :shakehead: daft moo.

No idea but now she just phoned up and said she thinks she isn't sleeping 'cos of the electromagnetic fields from the railway and I should put plastic bags under her mattress...

How many times do I need to say TEETHING to her? :wall:

Tried putting LO in our bed so I didn't have to keep going to her...Nightmare. She just reached over to me and to OH and kept patting our faces until we looked at her. Then she started pulling hair and flapping, and then trying to pull herself to sit up. :roll:
She got kicked out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back