Night time woes

Please don't let this knock your confidence hun you've done so well! I am surprised the sedative didn't work cos she's been off them for a while, you need a long term solution though not a quick fix. Makes you wonder if that docs kids have been smacked out of their heads for most of their lives!

Is her cot raised slightly??
Goodness reflux is really awful for her, I feel lucky that gaviscon helps cam's a lot. What about massaging her belly before bed? Do you bath her before bed as well?
Can you try cooled fennel tea? Or drink fennel tea yourself so it comes through in your breast milk?
Gripe water stopped cam grunting at night but I'm sure you're reluctant to give this when she's been on so much medication already x

There is a cushion under the mattress yes. She gets massaged, bathed etc before bed at 7. She does sleep wonderfully tbh between 7-10.30. Then from 11 onwards we usually get a few hours undisturbed but after 3-4am it seems like its every 5 mins she's up. It's soo draining.

Have you tried her in her own room hun? I know she's young but maybe you are all keeping each other awake? She sleeps well on her own for her nap doesn't she

Abigail does the same as soon as 4am comes, wriggling, grunting, shuffling, throwing arms and legs up but it still seems like she is asleep.. Its so annoying! I was convinced it was the crib but we have tried her in the pram carrycot and it makes no difference...x

Hannah is such a noisy sleeper and a light sleeper that we were disturbing her as much as she was disturbing us when she was in with us. At 12 weeks, we put her into her own room and we have never looked back since!

we have the amazing Angelcare monitors and we all get uninterrupted sleep. The monitor doesnt quite pick up all the grunting and squirming, just if she shouts or cries....

i felt bad initially cos fully expected to have her with us for 6 months, but none of us would have got any sleep.....she loves her own room. she is still in her moses basket in there....next step..cot...xxx

In gonna put the crib in there tonight then. See how that goes,

I'm wrecked and can't go on with this little sleep

Putting Emily into her own room was the best thing we did. I was surprised how well she took to the cot really. The angelcare monitors are fab, gives me good peace of mind and doesn't pick up all the little noises that I heard when she was in her Moses basket next to me. I'm sure she sleeps better too cos she can't hear us moving around.
Give it a go - it sounds as though it can't make things any worse for you. Fingers crossed it helps to improve things and gives you all a bit more sleep! :) xx

Can you have the monitor on so it only detects the movement but doesn't make that beeping sound on the parent unit?

I'll be able to hear crying etc

yeah.....you can set it so the beeping stops, but the little metronome thing still goes so you can see at a glance that it is still picking movement up...x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back