Night of hell with abscess

Pregnopaws

Reaction score
I feel really crap! :cry: :cry: After a night of agony last night my dentist diagnosed an abscess in my tooth (one of the molars) and I've been given antibiotics and Tylex? Something with codeine and paracetamol for the pain, but he also said that I will have to choose whether to have my tooth extracted or have a root canal done. I've never had either before so wondered if you ladies can tell me what you'd choose or which is the least painful (without scaring the pants off me pls!) I'm leaning towards extraction as its a back tooth at the top and the RC will cost £400 and they said if it goes wrong they extract it anyway!!!

:hug: You poor thing!

Personally i'd go for an extraction. I had a bad abscess a few years ago and my dentist advised I had the tooth out. I had it done there and then and the relief was amaising! Once my gum had healed that was the end of it :I've never had a root canal but my friend has and she had to have the tooth pulled out in the end anyway :roll:

Hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks hun for you reply, :hug: Yes i think i will have an extraction, going to let the dentist know today. Does it really hurt alot after the tooth is out? I am in so much pain at the moment I don't know why he can't extract it until after the infection has gone. :cry:

midna said:
Aww sounds painful ...deffo get it ripped out I know I would xx
When you having it done?..the pain will just go I bet ya when its outx

I've been tempted to rip it out myself! I guess i'll have to wait until ive finished the course of antibiotics (7 days) cos the infections all the way up to my sinuses.

Hiya
I agree with the other posters. I've had teeth out and it really hasn't been that bad (as long as you take pain killers!), but you're already in a lot of pain so it can't be worse than that.
My OH had a root canal done and said it was the worst pain ever (even more painful than when the doctor missed his broken ankle and he had to walk around on it for a day before going to A+E!).
HTH

Thanks for the advice girls! :hug: I've decided to have it taken out! I called the Dentist and made an app which is on 15th april :shock: and they can't do it before then cos they're fully booked until June!!! Anyway the antibiotics have kicked in now and its NOT AS PAINFUL as it was thank god!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back