NHS and NCT?

jennilisanne

Reaction score
Hey,

We're due to start our NCT classes next week and I'm really looking forward to them.

I've just had a letter through about the NHS classes. I didn't realise they would all be during the day. While that's not really a problem cos my bosses are fab, it is quite a bit of time off when we've got lots of other social stuff going on, reducing my time in the office.

Is it worth doing both classes, or will it be really repetitive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we just did the nhs classes and they were only 2 sessions taking 3 hrs for each one but I think nct are better tbh

Our NHS one, was a couple of hours one Saturday morning, we did do it as they did a tour around the maternity wards / delivery rooms etc afterwards. But really it was only going over things that i had already done in the NCT classes, but on the other hand it gave us a chance to ask a MW lots of questions.

Enjoy the NCT classes, we had our last one yesterday evening and had so much fun and learnt lots from them. So pleased we paid the money.

If it's really awkward for you to get to the NHS classes, I wouldn't worry too much. The NCT classes will cover everything in more detail.

NHS classes are crap!!
I went to them but have decided now to go to the NCT as because of the situation im in i get it reduced. However NHS are good just for meeting people in your area xx

I found they covered the same info but NCT went into alot more detail. But i have created 2 friendship groups out of going to both. Give it a go if you can and then if it gets too difficult dont go back.

Thanks everyone. I think we'll go to them, except one that would make me be out of the office the whole day when I have NCT in the morning and NHS in the afternoon! My boss said it's fine, but I'd feel bad! Plus, it's not worth going back to the office after, so it'll be nice having extra time with hubby :whistle:

Huh.. I havent had any info about classes yet

I had to fill and send off a form after my 20 week scan, and just heard back (with 5 days notice before it started!)

Wow, that really was utter shite, lol!!! One chap started listening to music and my hubby would have fallen asleep had the chairs been in the slightest bit comfortable!! The woman was just totally rubbish! Next couple of weeks is run by a midwife, so should be a little interesting!!

I dont get NHS classes because i have a family nurse..

wtf? she doesnt do classes! all the info i have about labour now is from watching natural birth videos..

How mad!! There must be somewhere you can go for them? Hope so anyway!!

The NCT ones cover everything and more than you'll usually get with NHS ones AND they are generally more positive.

Enjoy! x

Thanks, it was great, everyone seems so lovely, so glad to find some local people for next year!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back